$169 FRICTION DRIVE (WITHOUT MOTOR) anyone try these?

sure looks A LOT LIKE my Station set up...

wonder how the bearings compare ??
other than that - don't see a lot of difference

might - just might be the thing - to keep Station on their toes
and price down ---- COMPETITION IS A GOOD THING

thinking about buying #2 MB --- thanks for sharing...

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Seriously the bearings are the kind you can buy at Lowes, guess where they are made? ... China. The bearing cannot be any issue at all. I would think the roller itself might be a discussion point.

the bearings wont be an issue but the roller,well, after many years in nitro rc with pull starts that use one way bearings, i would think this is going to be an issue to keep it cleen and properly greased is going to be a lot of maintanance, i'd bet almost every day or the gritt from dust is going to wear on the shaft, the part of the roller that set screws to the shaft. just my .02 hil climber

Seriously the bearings are the kind you can buy at Lowes, guess where they are made? ... China. The bearing cannot be any issue at all. I would think the roller itself might be a discussion point.

does this mean both units use the same bearings from China ?

I would go and look at my MB (Station setup) to check
but - old Mountainman always has a hard time - finding his glasses.

good thing that I don't need them while riding !!!
a least that's what DMV said -
when giving me the eye test - lady said - close enough
told you - I can almost see...

Watch Out For That Tree Mountainman
as you ------- Ride That Thing !!!

If drive roller support bearings are an issue, when they fail, replace them with USA or Japanese manufactured bearings. I've found if you will pop one of the seals and grease the bearings periodically, you will get good service from even the less expensive units.

I bought one last week, I had it on in 15 minutes...The unit comes partially assmebled so you just have to mon the mount motor, the brakect/stays on the bike and away you go. I paid $189...the quality of the sytem looks excellent..i have never seen a Staton unit but it looks identical.

astring the Vendor Area is for VENDORS to make announcements about their products.

You or any other non vendor has no right to start threads in this area!

Back