1935 Cyc-Auto from England

The 600 cc Scott must have been quite a powerhouse in it's day and given the single bangers fits + leave your teeth in place.That elegant Cyc-Auto design ought to be resurrected,adequate torque with 98 cc,low CG and excellent economy of space,what more could you ask for really?

I had a single 500 matchless (it might have been 600cc I forget) but it pulled a sidecar and it was great fun to ride. I was always hurting my ankle when the kick starter kicked back at me.

Both Suzuki and Kawasaki came up with 750 cc 3cyl. 2 strokes.The Suzuki was a rather ponderous affair,Harleyesque so to speak.The Kaw. was a very powerful,but the handling not up to snuff.They had a 500 cc 2 cyl. version which was OK and just shoved the 3 banger in there,not a good idea.
The Cyc-Auto used a worm drive,can you use that backwards to get it started ?,I suppose so.Not easy to replicate though,I would imagine.In the old days with magnetos you could retard the ignition,when starting,a lot safer that way !

From what I have read, Cyc-Auto (The Company) produced these motorbikes from 1934 through 1936. Around 1936-37 the company was sold to Scott. Scott then changed the design of the motors and started producing motorbikes with the Scott name on them.