196cc on Schwinn Meridian

Is there a way that I can calm it down?
NASCAR uses a restrictor plate. You could try that, use a piece of flat metal. Doesn't have to be thick, but has to match your intake manifold bolt pattern. Then drill out the center slightly smaller than the manifold, which would also help with intake leaks.

The other option is a smaller gear off the jack shaft, you know, the one you just made, DOH!

Did you get your 196cc race trike calmed down any? Have you been tearing up the streets?
I adjusted the idle and rode for a very brief time. I have to get my sprocket completely welded to the front axle assembly. It keeps coming loose. I felt more secure on the short ride though. I was scared of the thing 😱😂

I adjusted the idle and rode for a very brief time. I have to get my sprocket completely welded to the front axle assembly. It keeps coming loose. I felt more secure on the short ride though. I was scared of the thing 😱😂
Does it keep breaking your welds?

Does it keep breaking your welds?
The sprocket kept backing off of the brake hub. I got it welded on the inside. It should hold forever now.
16560771420022615740295197194294.jpg
16560774090386028008887930575005.jpg

Get some valve lapping compound & lap the new flywheel to your crankshaft snout/stub. This will ensure flywheel fits nice & tight. It also gives you the ability to run the engine without a flywheel key & you can set your timing to whatever your needs may be.
Now that is a really good tip! 😁👍🏼👍🏼

Back