1980 Piaggio grande $300- Good Deal?

Risk Man

Local time
6:07 AM
Have a local 1980 Piaggio grande $300 OBO with 1850 miles on it last running in 1992 (has license plate of that year). Just looks dirty.

Good Buy?

275994571_991268355141987_2775210382256419985_n.jpg

Possibly, they make good performance builds if you are wanting to spend money on it. id check the tank to see if it's rusted out and if the engine is locked up.

Also depending on your state make sure he has a title, since its a PITA to title these things (at least in MN)

also, if possible check the side cover since it could be a restricted version that's limited to 15 or 20mph (and those suck ass)

personally, as karl said, offer 150$ and see where it goes. i wouldn't pay more than 200$ in that condition imho because your going to have to account for another $100-200+ in parts to get it roadworthy.

Thanks for the quick reply. Had no idea... all your comments make sense... good common sense. I have not heard back from the poster. It was posted yesterday. I really don't have room for it....... or time either... but for the right price, it can not get much worse out on my patio with a cover over it until I get to it.

I would buy it just for the rims. Not 26" bike size but about equal to 24" bike rims. The tires that are available are DOT approved, quality tires instead of bicycle tires. Good highway type bearings etc.. and real brakes and controls. Fix it? Probably will be able to get parts from stateside dealers, but for sure from Italy. .

I would buy it just for the rims. Not 26" bike size but about equal to 24" bike rims. The tires that are available are DOT approved, quality tires instead of bicycle tires. Good highway type bearings etc.. and real brakes and controls. Fix it? Probably will be able to get parts from stateside dealers, but for sure from Italy. .
You really have to be careful with these things. All too often repair cost can end up being way over the resell value. Now if it's something you just want to restore for yourself restoration cost then becomes whatever you're willing to spend.

Back