1981 Honda H100 Fuel Tank

Judging by your photo of the tank with the oil level gauge out: The oil part of this tank looks pretty unrusted. I would leave that section alone. I would have expected it to be clean as most oil injection tanks on older 2 cycle motorcycles are made of steel and don't tend to rust because the oil 'seals' the raw steel insides against moisture and corrosion.
this honda is a practice bike so i can learn a few new skill and apply that knowledge to my good bike ;) you are right i can probably leave that side of the tank... but i just really want to do it at this point hahahaha :ROFLMAO:

this honda is a practice bike so i can learn a few new skill and apply that knowledge to my good bike ;) you are right i can probably leave that side of the tank... but i just really want to do it at this point hahahaha :ROFLMAO:
id drill it out with a 1" metal drill bit and then just clean up from there with a screw driver or a dremel. Its plastic right??

id drill it out with a 1" metal drill bit and then just clean up from there with a screw driver or a dremel. Its plastic right??
giphy.gif

I'd recommend that you deal with the rusty part of the fuel tank and leave the oil section alone. Are you restoring the bike this came from, or is it for a motorized bicycle from a parted-out motorcycle?

I'd recommend that you deal with the rusty part of the fuel tank and leave the oil section alone. Are you restoring the bike this came from, or is it for a motorized bicycle from a parted-out motorcycle?
completely restoring the bike. well kind of a resto-mod because i want a cafe racer lol i tried to do it a few years ago so the frames been painted and the engine and carb given the once over, essentially now i just have to restore the tank then get new controls/cables an a magneto case

Attachments

• 49721912_377104643063627_8585101791719325696_n.jpg
    49721912_377104643063627_8585101791719325696_n.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 49442106_545176019320740_6270351385405947904_n.jpg
    49442106_545176019320740_6270351385405947904_n.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 150
It's my own opinion, but old twin shock bikes from the 1970~80's are starting to become very rare, and I hate to see folks butcher up a bike trying to make it into a "cafe racer" .

Leave it as stock as you can, it will be worth more if you do plan on selling it later. There are far too many of these bikes with their subframes and fenders chopped and cut up. It's become a big problem for finding old parts bikes when half of the bike is cut away and "bobbed".

Also if you can try to keep the oil injection system working. The bike will pollute far less, spark plugs will last longer and the engine will last longer as the oil isn't being diluted by the gasoline.

It's my own opinion, but old twin shock bikes from the 1970~80's are starting to become very rare, and I hate to see folks butcher up a bike trying to make it into a "cafe racer" .

Leave it as stock as you can, it will be worth more if you do plan on selling it later. There are far too many of these bikes with their subframes and fenders chopped and cut up. It's become a big problem for finding old parts bikes when half of the bike is cut away and "bobbed".

Also if you can try to keep the oil injection system working. The bike will pollute far less, spark plugs will last longer and the engine will last longer as the oil isn't being diluted by the gasoline.
don't worry too much i have a hoard of 70/80's bikes that are getting the treatment they deserve.. plus i wont do anything that cant be undone :) and all the original parts will be kept aside

Judging by your photo of the tank with the oil level gauge out: The oil part of this tank looks pretty unrusted. I would leave that section alone. I would have expected it to be clean as most oil injection tanks on older 2 cycle motorcycles are made of steel and don't tend to rust because the oil 'seals' the raw steel insides against moisture and corrosion.

Hi i myself sooraj from India. I own an h100a. In my country this bike was not launched. But i am lucky that i have one in my garage. But due to the mechanics and my negligence i had lost the fuel tank and the magneto side engine cover. Is it possible for you to help me to fetch the above mentioned parts.

Hi i myself sooraj from India. I own an h100a. In my country this bike was not launched. But i am lucky that i have one in my garage. But due to the mechanics and my negligence i had lost the fuel tank and the magneto side engine cover. Is it possible for you to help me to fetch the above mentioned parts.

Never seen a tank w/the oil and gas in separate chambers, kinda cool. I've had a few bikes where the oil tank was on the side and thought that was clever also. No mixing at all just filler up. I remember you could go a lot of miles never needing to fill the oil tank at all. It had a window so you could see when it was low.

Back