1995 Specialized Ground Control Jackshaft

Fast Shag

Local time
12:44 PM

!995 Specialized Ground Control w/ SBP heavy duty jackshaft. Motor is a GT-5 ported for low end power. Some pointers.... Get the chain tensioners! The main drive chain is crucial because it puts a 3rd bearing on the driveshaft. All mounts have elk leather to protect aluminum frame. Thinking about lowering the gearing cause I can only get it into 5th gear @ 45mph. (9 gears total.) Thought about a reed, but space is very limited. Might change out motor to PK-80 for more torque. . The low end is amazing! The jackshaft is a total game changer! Totally worth the price! Not for the faint hearted though. This is my 6th build, and the best!

I love this build! 😀 I love that you're choosing to go further than bolting on the basic kit. Bothering with the details like chain tensioners is actually just building it right so it works, right? 😆
Idk about leather, reports have tended to say dont bother trying it. It is more the narrow strap of the U bolt that is crushing tubes, as long as you have a good fit. Wider tubes are more likely to crush or dent, but wide tube alloy is a stiffer bike (all else being equal).
Speaking of stiff, lol, your build has loads of potential but I'm not sure I would be brave enough to go 50mph on it just yet. 😆 I hope you keep adding to it. 🙂 I am sure a fork upgrade would work like magic and double your off road fun. Anything 1&1/8" steerer would fit, and that's fortunately also where the bargains are. 😄

Back