1999 whizzer has issues

markus

Local time
3:17 AM
i have 1999 whizzer 100 miles it started acting up runs well for first 5 min then falls on it's face checked fuel, spark, carb gasket, fuel cap, removed fuel line from petcock good flow. removed baffle from exhaust and it barely runs when it was new i could pull the baffle and it had power. removed head to check valves and seats can't see any problems read about seats will they be soo loose i can move them or just when they are hot? i also put 120 psi air into the head with valves closed no leaking from intake or exhaust, took a compression test lower than 20 pounds, wondered about compression relief does it cause issues sticking open ?

i have 1999 whizzer 100 miles it started acting up runs well for first 5 min then falls on it's face checked fuel, spark, carb gasket, fuel cap, removed fuel line from petcock good flow. removed baffle from exhaust and it barely runs when it was new i could pull the baffle and it had power. removed head to check valves and seats can't see any problems read about seats will they be soo loose i can move them or just when they are hot? i also put 120 psi air into the head with valves closed no leaking from intake or exhaust, took a compression test lower than 20 pounds, wondered about compression relief does it cause issues sticking open ?
A common problem with a WC-1 1999 Whizzer.
When the cyl gets hot, one of your valve seats come loose. When the cyl cools off the valve seat is tight again.
It's probably the exhaust valve seat.

Last edited:
Valve lash, Intake .008" exhaust .010"

If valve lash is .000 with thermal expansion a valve will stay open.

BTW Welcome to the M/B forum,
Check out our Whizzer Section. You got a Whizzer, Next time you start a thread concerning a Whizzer. Post it in the Whizzer section (y)

Some people have had luck with Penning the valve seats. Most just got the 2005 - 2007 NE-5 cyl top end kit from Whizzer USA.
The NE-5 cyl valve seats are cast in place rather that pressed in place as with the WC-1. Sadly the 2005 - 2007 NE-5 cyl are no longer available and are almost impossible to find. But the Cruzzer www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/cylinder-and-tree.005/ will work.
The Cruzzer is a Whizzer Clone and the cyl valve seats are pressed in place. All M/C and car manufactures press their valve seats in place.
But the operating temperatures of the WC-1 were too hot and the valve seats came loose. the NE-5 cyl. with the valve seats cast in place solved that problem. The Cruzzer cyl comes with a 1 year warranty so if the valve seats come loose ya can get a new cyl

The Cruzzer Cyl needs other parts to make it work with the WC-1 ..... WC-1 top end parts don't work with the Cruzzer cyl.
Your gonna need Head, Head Bolt Kit, Compression Release Valve Cover, Exhaust Manifold, Intake Spacer, Big Breather Kit, Air Filter.
Maybe a different carb. If ordering a Cruzzer Top End Kit, When ya talk with Paul he will make sure ya got everything ya need.

thanks for the help i will dig deeper over the weekend
P.S. brand new to this forum did not know there was a wizzer section

thanks for the help i will dig deeper over the weekend
P.S. brand new to this forum did not know there was a wizzer section
There is no WIZZER section, But we do have a Whizzer section :LOL:

Back