1999 Whizzer Turn Signals

2003 Whizzer - turn signals not working.

well, I have scheduled a visit to a mechanic, but I'm gonna give one more try to fixing it myself. I'll take apart the left hand control entirely and reassemble it.

I do not know why there are two flasher-relays, but just unplugging and connecting the wires to bypass one or the other hasn't made a difference.

I'll try and take some decent photos of the process and post them.

I think you will find success with your disassembly, but remember, this will be a frequent task!

It's a shame, Whizzer could have added a few bucks to gold plate the contacts and we'd never be discussing this problem.

Success! Sanding down all the connecting parts of the left hand control did the trick.

At the same time I decided to reposition my back tire to add some tension to the drive belt. So, I flipped the bike up-side down... and snapped the clutch lever.... aagh.

Attachments

• IMG_0090[1].jpg
    IMG_0090[1].jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0092[1].jpg
    IMG_0092[1].jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0093[1].jpg
    IMG_0093[1].jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 346
I'm guessing a light bead of silicon around the seam on the inside... allowed to fully dry before putting the two halves together... will prevent a lot of water from getting in.

Hi Cloudesley,

Bad news! Part number #2912 [clutch lever] is no longer available. Many have used the right brake handle and turned it upside down and used it as the clutch lever.

Better try to find a lever soon before they are all gone.

Have fun,

Back