1999 Whizzer WC-1 battery/wire problem

jem498

Local time
6:25 PM
Hello! I have a 1999 Whizzer cruzzer that will start, run and idle (after much carburetor cleaning)! My next problem is that every time I put a new battery in and turn the key my lights are on. But after I switch the key off then on again I get nothing. The battery seems to be completely drained too. I have checked all the wires connecting to the battery and changed the fuse. Can anyone help me on where to start before I starting buying things I don't need?

One more thing before I go, is it normal for the belt to smoke when it idles and clutch is engaged??

Thank you!!

You say you got a new New Battery. How long are you leaving the key on?
Engine off, Key on, lights on, the battery will be drained fast in about a min or two. Older batteries will drain faster
Start the bike and the battery will charge back up in about 20 mins. I replace my battery every 2 years
You also can charge a battery up to full with a small battery tender 750ma
When the engine is running and the horn don't work or sounds weak You need a new battery.

No it's not normal for the belt to smoke. Buy a new belt and adjust it properly for your Slip Clutch
I only leave the key on while riding.

Don't really know a whole lot about Whizzer bikes but if your battery isn't charging I would assume its a bad alternator.

I have a crappy battery like that on my dirt bike, charge it and start the bike and then ride. If I stop and turn off the bike, I have to kick it over to restart. I'm going to look for a better battery.

I only leave the key on while riding.

The bike will run and all the lights and accessories will work without a Battery or Voltage Regulator
If all the lights and accessories work Your Stator is OK

You may ask yourself. Then why do I need a battery?
Because the lights and all the accessories wont work 100% without a battery. Low voltage at low RPMs

Must have a good battery
Check for voltage at the Battery with the engine running it should be between 13.5 and 14.5
If the battery is loosing voltage and going dead while the engine is running It's the Voltage Regulator.

Last edited:
Back