1st build almost done except for a couple problems

impression

Local time
3:50 AM
Gday everyone well im making my 1st bike and yah having a few problems.

1. The Chain. I cannot for the life of me turn those bolts that i have to to take the cover plate off to put the chain on. It's so hard. ive even tried my electric drill and anymore and i'm worried i'll completely strip it. any tips on this

2. The throttle

I'm having trouble setting up the handlebars part of the throttle. i'm unsure how i'm supposed top do it as i think i might be missing a part

I have the handlebar with the whitish plastic end where the cable gets around. but i think i'm supposed to drill a hole somewhere but i dont want to screw it up by guessing.

3. the kill switch, i hear theres a more safer way to wire this thing up without using the blue wire that shorts out the spark/ignition thingy.

any other tips are greatly welcomed thankyous

You can go to the auto parts store and get some valve grind compound and apply some to the tip of the screwdriver, this will give you twice the screw gripping power.
For the throttle, you can file down the nub instead of drilling a hole in the handle bars.

Edited: When I find some links I will add them.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.zbox.com.au/images/FITTING16.jpg

thats what im trying to take off so i can install the chain. :( any tips those bolts holding it on just wont budge

I found the only way I could get those nuts to turn, was to use an impact
driver, as it gives it a quick hard turn.

As said in PM, as we're both in Sydney, I could come round
to assist fine tune ya bike.

Hopefully you're not out west, as I am in the East.

I found the only way I could get those nuts to turn, was to use an impact
driver, as it gives it a quick hard turn.

As said in PM, as we're both in Sydney, I could come round
to assist fine tune ya bike.

Hopefully you're not out west, as I am in the East.

i'm in the out west i'm afraid. I got this bike as a stop-gap measure between saving up the rego + insurance for my car ( looking @ $1000 minimum ) but i think ill probably use this as my main transport if it's as cool to ride as people/pics/vids seem to suggest.

It's probably better to get an impact driver cos if u stick with this your gonna use it again on other projects....their not expensive($16,SuperCheap Auto)
If i don't wanna buy an impact driver get a screwdriver the CORRECT size & place it in the screw & give it a few sharp taps with the hammer(sharp taps not excessively hard)
Try to undoe it then.
Also try putting a pair of vice grips on a screwdriver and while your pushing down on the screwdriver turn the vice grips at the same time.
BTW,sounds silly but i hope your trying to undoe them anticlockwise.
Here's a better/safer kill switch idea:http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8579

It's probably better to get an impact driver cos if u stick with this your gonna use it again on other projects....their not expensive($16,SuperCheap Auto)
If i don't wanna buy an impact driver get a screwdriver the CORRECT size & place it in the screw & give it a few sharp taps with the hammer(sharp taps not excessively hard)
Try to undoe it then.
Also try putting a pair of vice grips on a screwdriver and while your pushing down on the screwdriver turn the vice grips at the same time.
BTW,sounds silly but i hope your trying to undoe them anticlockwise.
Here's a better/safer kill switch idea:http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8579

rofl, yah i am un-doing them anticlockwise. I'm a computer technician by trade, in a day i probably undo more screws than some random person does in their life :/

So, i get my big screwdriver. lay bike down on its side and hold stead. few taps with the hammer and we are sweet ?

i don't have any vice grips im sorry to say and half my socket sets have been pinched over the last few years and i have $10 in my bank account for another 9 days....

Thats enough for Fuel :D

I also have the problem of the chain not fitting on the sprocket properly i need to file it a bit wider, ill see if i can borrow a file off a neighbour or something :/

but 1st things first, need to get that front plate thing off

"few taps with the hammer and we are sweet?"....dunno if were sweet but it's absolutely worth a try....that covers gotta come off cos you've got little chance of threading the chain around the countershaft sprocket in it's present form.
Also when this is all done get a KMC K910 Extreme Freestyle chain....they fit HT sprockets perfectly.
Other tips:shorten your fuel line & also add an in-line filter.Grease those 2 gears on the R/H side of the engine with grease mixed with graphite powder.
Those tips arn't important just yet...the important thing is the removal of that sprocket cover.
Try to hook-up with "will start" & introduce yourselves and maybe borrow a few tools.

Back