1st Build - Plug read on 1st tank

Smt

Local time
9:49 AM
Hi all,

Wanted to get idea if plugged looked correct and address sluggish throttle.

1st tank of gas,
24:1 Synth mix
ZEDA RSE Reed Valve
SHA Clone
#73 jet.
NGK B8
Stock exhuast

Motor is sluggish on roll of throttle, any ideas
EB003DC0-1170-46CB-82A9-28C8EE9302DC.jpeg

thanks

ZEDA RSE Reed Valve
NGK B8
any ideas
ANY? that means even my ideas lol. :)
Might be a silly question but has to be asked.. Do you have a windowed piston?

Idk about the SHA carb, and the plug just looks like okay for a first tank on 24:1 compared to others I've seen, usually they're really wet when someone posts about a problem with a new engine..

but I don't see any "edge of the burn mark" on the electrode arm. That's supposed to indicate whether the heat range is correct.
Im sure the 8 plug is for hot climates/ prolonged high speed summer highway riding. Guys in Miami and Arizona use the 8 heat range.
(( Mine's currently a 6 (NGK BPR6HIX) and very responsive. ))

Anyway don't rush out and buy, lol. A more experienced member may be along shortly to correct me!

Yes, piston is windowed.
B8HS is plug, gapped to around 28
Temp is in 40's in NY yesterday

Should I try lower # plug

For break in looks about right, black oily base because of the 24/1 oil mix and not lean on the fuel air ratio center porcelain dark grey.

dark, but too early to worry about - it will go leaner as it runs in

Yes, piston is windowed.
B8HS is plug, gapped to around 28
Temp is in 40's in NY yesterday

Should I try lower # plug
Deffinately a hotter plug will help some,And making sure the engine is at temp before expecting better responce at those outside temp's and even then the initail take off will seem slugish until the engine's rpm pick up some.

Deffinately a hotter plug will help some,And making sure the engine is at temp before expecting better responce at those outside temp's and even then the initail take off will seem slugish until the engine's rpm pick up some.
Ok thanks
Will give it a try
1st time I ever rode motorized bike, not sure what to expect

Which jet is this plug reading? Did you idle into the driveway and cut it off or were you screaming at wot (wide open throttle) and killed the engine at wot?

The Sha clone comes with a 70 jet stock which should be plenty rich enough for break in.

With a 73 as you say you use it's really surprising the plug isn't soaked.

Most will find with the small Reed a 66 up to a 68 seems to be about right after break in.

Use a good high quality oil like Amsoil Saber or Amsoil Dominator and run it at a 40:1 mix.

Buy the NGK B6HS plug...don't let the salseman sell you a BR6HS...resistor plugs a no no.

The Sha clone comes with a 70 jet stock which should be plenty rich enough for break in.

With a 73 as you say you use it's really surprising the plug isn't soaked.

Most will find with the small Reed a 66 up to a 68 seems to be about right after break in.

Use a good high quality oil like Amsoil Saber or Amsoil Dominator and run it at a 40:1 mix.

Buy the NGK B6HS plug...don't let the salseman sell you a BR6HS...resistor plugs a no no.
His dry plug seems to be living proof that the 73 jet is a good size!
Idk but 66-68 seems to be the norm for a piston ported engine where the intake air velocity is higher than with a properly set up reed valve.

I'm still choosing to believe that the correct number of resistors is one.
Either a resistor boot with non resistor plug, or a resistor plug with non resistor boot.
I am aware there is disagreement about this topic! :)

Back