1st Official MBC/Aussie Run: Adelaide to McLaren Vale Day-Trip.

F

fetor56

I'm planning an Official MBc Day-Trip to McLaren Vale in late February/early March.It will be starting in Adelaide and proceeding to Darlington then Noarlunga and eventually finishing at McLaren Vale.It will be along known bicycle routes.
ANY interested party's contact me via PM so we can discuss it further.If your build is not finished please let me know and i'll be happy to help in any way i can.
Jack.

G'day Pete....give me a call (82404091) and we'll make arrangements to work on your bike(i'm at Pt Adelaide)............i'll bring my MEGAPHONE shall i to SHOUT orders at you. :)

PS...that worked fine.I went over Pete's place and we have our first(besides me) Official MBc member to go on our Official MBc Adelaide Rally.........whose next?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

I'll probably have to pass on this particular trip as I'll be going away with my girlfriend around then.

I'm still breaking the engine in as well on my bike only having travelled low Kms at this stage. I don't think the bike will be up for a trip like that so soon. I'm still doing as Warren suggests and not running it for more than half an hour at a time & only doing about 25 km/hr max on it.

Would like to get together though at some point for a ride and to discuss our bikes (what mods etc are good).

bolton75:
No problems man...i understand your situation and the offers ALWAYS there.These rides will be happening again.IF your situation changes and u can swing it let me know,but i'll assume it's a "no-go" for this particular time.
Same as Pete u have my phone number.
Happy 30 min riding....better still happy 31 min riding. :)

Hi Jack
sounds good i've just changed over to a bmx chain on the motor so if thats still running
ok i'd be interested early march sounds good to me i know i'll be broke after the clipsal race
and i need new tyres befor any big rides

Hi Jack
sounds good i've just changed over to a bmx chain on the motor so if thats still running
ok i'd be interested early march sounds good to me i know i'll be broke after the clipsal race
and i need new tyres befor any big rides
G'day Rod...see how u go with the chain and tyres.I use a KMC K910 Xtreme Freestyle Chain,fits HT sprockets PERFECTLY and their TOUGH,no noticable stretch after 1200Km.I bought 9 from a bike shop at The Port Market(sundays only)
That shop also sells Maxxis(and other) tyres and their cheap since the guy only trades 1 day/week,as a hobby.
Anyways i'm getting sidetracked....i'll let u know same as everyone else of the exact date,then u can make a more informed decision.
Jack.

just to let y'all know...i will be riding with you...you make sure we stay up to date on happenings, & let us know what the final schedule turns out to be...

i don't care what time it is here, i will be riding with you :cool:

got stickers?

Aug:
I've got some stickers...Tom was generous like that before but i could always use more,just incase....i'll contact him now.
I've also got 2 MBc t-shirts so someone can use my spare(size M)
The only thing that bothers me is my digital camera.It's more Louis XIV so i would ask anyone that comes to bring their camera.Like we all keep saying,Pics Pics Pics.

To ALL MBc Members in the Solar System.
----------------------------------------
The 1st Official MBc Run,Adelaide to McLaren Vale Day-Trip will be taking place on Wednesday 27/2/08(US date,2/27/08)
Where all meeting at 10AM(sharp) in FRONT of the Adelaide Zoo....the weather is expected to be fine and mild.
Once again,if u have a camera remember to take it.
Any probs or queries please contact me...either by PM or phone(82404091)
Hope to see u there, :cool:
Jack.

Big ride tomorrow...today i'll go over a friends place and put a "white wire" lighting system and "blue wire" kill switch on his bike.
I'll also sign him up to MBc.He's had his PC for 5 yrs but is more of a technological pigmy.I'm posative this friend will have a great deal to contribute to MBc cos he's excellent with bikes & engines.
Last Sunday i met a guy while buying bicycle parts at a local market...he also had a HT and we got to chatting.It turns out he builds HT's for a living and he's built 25.I've told him about the ride on Wed and he said he'll be there.
My bike is prepped so if any other members are reading this and intend coming Wednesday please make sure your bike is as reliable as possible....stragglers will be heavily fined,beaten senseless,executed,and then after that we'll start getting tough. ;)
Hope to see u tomorrow,
Jack. :)

Back