2 quick easy questions about gebe installation

astring

Local time
1:05 PM
I got my kit!!!

anyway the belt rubs the brakes when the tension is off. When the tension is on it has a tiny amount of clearance, does anyone think that will be a problem?

Also, what about attaching the front metal support to the quick release that holds the seat post?

yes that will be a problem, nothing should have interference at any time.

move your mount back another hole on the torque strap, so that the engine is further back.

i have my torque strap connected to my seat post QR. i offset the QR so that the torque strap i sdead on inline with the center of the seat post.

glad to hear your kit arrived,
steve

Is is ok if the engine is not perfectly vertical 90 degrees to the ground? maybe 5 degrees off (this is a rs 4 stroke). I read that these have to be vertical. Also I am having a few other problems. I will pm Augi.

hi astring,

glad to hear your kit came, once you get that kit up and running its going to be hard getting back on happy time again.

Augi, thanks much for the replies. Here is where I am now.

I pulled back the wheel and I have clearance for the ring!!!

Everything is a go, I bolted the front strap to the seat post (with a quick release). My only question is this, if my 4 stroke is leaning back about 3 degrees will that cause a problem?

I am noticing that on a lot of pics the rs 4 strokes are leaning back more than mine, it looks like it will not be a problem.

I just took it for a ride and it went well (a lot of torque). engine seemed to get pretty hot though and I hear a rubbing sound when I let off the throttle (maybe that is just the belt on the gear?). it is a much better ride than my friction drive but the peddling is harder. I can tell that this will take some tweaking as I go.

I got this thing going and I am loving it. This difference between this and my friction drive is amazing. I just did a test run to my workplace and back (4+ miles each way) it took 35 minutes (about 9 miles with several stop light).

VERY fun to ride.

Back