2 Sprockets one wheel , on 80cc kit

ixxGunnerxx

Local time
2:33 PM
i was THinking , about putting 2 Sprokes on my 700c Bike i got from WAlmart ... i have a 42 Tooth, sinceim in Pittburg area, and there are a lot of hills, and a 30ish Sproket , has ruff Time With the hill, but i like to Go slow to save Gas .. and i was thinking ... If i put 2 Sprokets instead of one , it has that Offset , so THer can be a gap for the Chain ,,, i might have to make 2 chains,lengths ( i might be able to Get away with one, Just by Adjusting the tensioner ) .. i have a 42 tooth , and i want to put a 32 on ,
so , my 1st plain was to buy a 2nd wheel, and Just to Swap them Depending on Were i WAs going, but wheels are Expansive!!! (for a 700c) even 4 Me2 build the Wheel my self, (buying the Spokes,etc)... i can buy a new bike for 100$ . So , I'm thinking, ,, this Has a 80% chance of ,,,, not working ( lol) If it does work, you would think this would already be a thing,, (maybe b.c of the law they Don't do it . ).. but the Sprokets have this Off center Tilt so I could Get the Chain to work With out it RUbbing.., it just might not have Enuff room to fit on the Frame and the Wheel . ,

not sure if anyone has thought of this? or Have Seen someone Try this yet ?
2 Sprocket on 1 Wheel Mount Kit . ( the bolts should be long Enough )
.. It be like a Mountain Bike, But i'd have to stop, and Change the Gears ,lol ( my hands would be all Grassy too ,lol ) i live in Pa , and there are Hills ,, and I like to go slow , and With the Small sproket , i can Go Faster , at a low RPms 2 Safe more Gas, since these 2 stroke Kits are only one Gear, (to put Any type of Transmission, would be Braking the Law here) i get ppl ask me all the time " how Fast that thing Go" , and i tell them ( lol) " 30 Mph , but that's At Max Rpms, And that's how you blow it up " ,, its like, Is that What matters, how fast it Goes? ,, i would think what matters is , "how Fast does it Accelerate .. That way you can maybe get away /avoid an Accident,idk , this is getting g long sry ,, I'm dislexic, and haveqa hard time,, but have been Trying to get better by doing things like this on the PC... but let me , know if you guys Want me to take picks and To share here , to show you what Problems i run into .
.. but back to my Idea , the Small Spoket i have two , a 32-36 ( i have a 42 on it Now Both my bikes both 80cc) , .. if anyone has a Cheep 700c Back wheel they want to Get rid of , let me know , if not , i think i will try this out ( putting 2 Sprockets on one Wheel) ,, i will have to Take some picks, and post them here on the Forums, if anyone is Intrusted in seeing the Failed REsalts ( lol ) now i have 2 say , it be cool if it Works, but i think if it Does, this would already be a thing, that you would see people doing ..( it Must Be illegal or Why not Just have a Set up like a Mountain Bike, on the Other side ) now i have Seen kits that Move the drive to the Pedle side, but that Seems Dumb, and that Would brake the law here . https://www.amazon.com/Futchoy-Moto...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You're likely going to have potential clearance issues. You're potentially going to have issues with alignment (BOTH sprockets can't be truly aligned with the front)...

...but I'm interested in seeing how/what you come up with.

I am guessing you're suggesting MANUALLY adjusting between the two sprockets (rather than shifting)?

I could see it as being doable (plausable).

:D

yea, i think I'm going to try it out, i don't go fast , and i think if i GO slow, the Chain SHould stay on .. .. yeah , Clearance, and The Chain not being straight is going to be an issue for sure.

i don't want to get a head of my self , but Maybe a double Spring System for the Chain , and then I can Rige up a Front Derailleur to Shift it . i don't know ... Just Brain Storming .. \
but , i think this WOuld be illegal Were i am, your not allowed a " Auto or Manual Shifting " Peddle assist Bike., in Pa

Attachments

• 715TGO10r+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    715TGO10r+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 91gCIR1D0WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91gCIR1D0WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 130
  • d3.png
    d3.png
    437.5 KB · Views: 119
i was THinking , about putting 2 Sprokes on my 700c Bike i got from WAlmart ... i have a 42 Tooth, sinceim in Pittburg area, and there are a lot of hills, and a 30ish Sproket , has ruff Time With the hill, but i like to Go slow to save Gas .. and i was thinking ... If i put 2 Sprokets instead of one , it has that Offset , so THer can be a gap for the Chain ,,, i might have to make 2 chains,lengths ( i might be able to Get away with one, Just by Adjusting the tensioner ) .. i have a 42 tooth , and i want to put a 32 on ,
so , my 1st plain was to buy a 2nd wheel, and Just to Swap them Depending on Were i WAs going, but wheels are Expansive!!! (for a 700c) even 4 Me2 build the Wheel my self, (buying the Spokes,etc)... i can buy a new bike for 100$ . So , I'm thinking, ,, this Has a 80% chance of ,,,, not working ( lol) If it does work, you would think this would already be a thing,, (maybe b.c of the law they Don't do it . ).. but the Sprokets have this Off center Tilt so I could Get the Chain to work With out it RUbbing.., it just might not have Enuff room to fit on the Frame and the Wheel . ,

not sure if anyone has thought of this? or Have Seen someone Try this yet ?
2 Sprocket on 1 Wheel Mount Kit . ( the bolts should be long Enough )
.. It be like a Mountain Bike, But i'd have to stop, and Change the Gears ,lol ( my hands would be all Grassy too ,lol ) i live in Pa , and there are Hills ,, and I like to go slow , and With the Small sproket , i can Go Faster , at a low RPms 2 Safe more Gas, since these 2 stroke Kits are only one Gear, (to put Any type of Transmission, would be Braking the Law here) i get ppl ask me all the time " how Fast that thing Go" , and i tell them ( lol) " 30 Mph , but that's At Max Rpms, And that's how you blow it up " ,, its like, Is that What matters, how fast it Goes? ,, i would think what matters is , "how Fast does it Accelerate .. That way you can maybe get away /avoid an Accident,idk , this is getting g long sry ,, I'm dislexic, and haveqa hard time,, but have been Trying to get better by doing things like this on the PC... but let me , know if you guys Want me to take picks and To share here , to show you what Problems i run into .
.. but back to my Idea , the Small Spoket i have two , a 32-36 ( i have a 42 on it Now Both my bikes both 80cc) , .. if anyone has a Cheep 700c Back wheel they want to Get rid of , let me know , if not , i think i will try this out ( putting 2 Sprockets on one Wheel) ,, i will have to Take some picks, and post them here on the Forums, if anyone is Intrusted in seeing the Failed REsalts ( lol ) now i have 2 say , it be cool if it Works, but i think if it Does, this would already be a thing, that you would see people doing ..( it Must Be illegal or Why not Just have a Set up like a Mountain Bike, on the Other side ) now i have Seen kits that Move the drive to the Pedle side, but that Seems Dumb, and that Would brake the law here . https://www.amazon.com/Futchoy-Motorized-Shifter-Jackshaft-Bicycle/dp/B0BDFCPHDH/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2ML98LIEDN77V&keywords=80cc+Shifter+kit&qid=1664113011&sprefix=80cc+shifter+kit,aps,83&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFKWEcwRFk2M0lBTzMmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwOTA2ODgxTU8xSVdPV09UVDQyJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2MTM0MDVYQVhCSzBWT09XR1Ymd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
A better option to consider is using a Strumey Archer S3X 3 speed fixie IGH as a jackshaft transmission system.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I think swapping wheels will be the cheaper option. Certainly the easiest.

Back