2 stroke 80cc motor carburetor clip suggestions?

Jerbyrd666

Local time
9:57 AM
I'm having trouble with my 80cc 2 stroke motor I'll pedal it out and drop the clutch and it I'll start sometimes but really rough and then when I give it gas it just kinda bogs out. I had the clip on the carbs needle at the second line from the top and now I moved it down to the middle line( it's the needle with 5 different lines on it.) It's a basic China doll 2 stroke 80c with a G6 High Compression head, a flexfit poo poo Moto exhaust, velocity stack air filter , and a 36 tooth clamp on sprocket adapter using the stock NT carb, and just recently it's been dripping black stuff outta the exhaust, is there something I have to do to the setting on the main jet needle clip since I'm running the high Compression head mixed with the flexfit exhaust and the velocity stack ? Not my first build by far but one of the most frustrating!!! My kind of help would be greatly appreciated thanks, JByrd

just recently it's been dripping black stuff outta the exhaust
Well i can tell ya that if it is dripping, then your getting TOO much fuel going through the system...This happened to me recently and already knew that my clip was correct as it was running fine until the drip and then the no start scenario...I found the problem to be a bad float in the carbie...the float was full of fuel so i replace the float and everything went back to normal...

depending on your altitude, i would either put the clip back to the second from the top notch, or the top notch as i have done, but im at a 4500 ft altitude and occasionally ride up to the 9000 ft altitudes...check that float...its more common than you think...it took seven months for mine to act up and fill up...DAMIEN

I'm having trouble with my 80cc 2 stroke motor I'll pedal it out and drop the clutch and it I'll start sometimes but really rough and then when I give it gas it just kinda bogs out. I had the clip on the carbs needle at the second line from the top and now I moved it down to the middle line( it's the needle with 5 different lines on it.) It's a basic China doll 2 stroke 80c with a G6 High Compression head, a flexfit poo poo Moto exhaust, velocity stack air filter , and a 36 tooth clamp on sprocket adapter using the stock NT carb, and just recently it's been dripping black stuff outta the exhaust, is there something I have to do to the setting on the main jet needle clip since I'm running the high Compression head mixed with the flexfit exhaust and the velocity stack ? Not my first build by far but one of the most frustrating!!! My kind of help would be greatly appreciated thanks, JByrd
Are you using the choke?

Is this a fresh build or was it running before this?

The needle clip only adjusts part-throttle performance. If it's dripping out the exhaust, it's running pig rich, which means the carburetor needs a smaller jet installed.

Here's a jet kit that'll work.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back