Engine Trouble 2 stroke 80cc motorized bicycle question!

by the way, to test if it a fuel flow problem, take the cap off the gas tank. then ride it like you normally do.. don't do it if your tank is full for obvious reasons. If it doesn't cut out after riding it like you normally do you know it is a fuel flow problem. but also check your choke.

thank you all for trying to figure out whats wrong with it :). The bike only is good when the choke is about a half inch not closed. It runs fine when its like that. If I close the choke, the bike will stop when running. I went for a 2 mile and a back ride yesterday and when I was coming back my whole chain came off lol.... Im lucky because nothing bad happened. When I stopped I noticed my chain tensioner was gone and that was the problem. I found the chain 20 ft behind me and could not find the tensioner pulley thing. When my tensioner is not on the chain is wayy too loose. So I know what happened. I ordered a new tensioner and it will come thursday.

Maybe you should look at getting a SickBikeParts shift kit, to eliminate the single speed drive chain issue.
At the end of the day a single speed system is a compromised drive method.

Well, if it only runs with the choke partially closed, that tells me that you have an air leak either at the intake manifold to cylinder gasket or where the carb clamps to the intake manifold.
your engine should die if you close the choke once the engine is warmed up. once its warmed up the choke soul be opened all the way. if it dies, its getting too much air, which indicates an air leak.

The kit chain tensioners are junk & aftermarket ones are expensive. you should shorten your chain by removing links so you don't have to fight with a molding chain.
you can run it without a tensioner, but the chain adjustment has to be perfect.
a shift kit will take the tensioner out of the equation, but a shift kit will set you back about $250.00. I don't know about you, but that's more then I have in both of my bikes individually.

Removing the gas cap is good advice. sometimes the vents in these gas caps are mo good and if the tank isn't vented, it will cause a vacuum in the tank & it will stop fuel flow into the carb. if it runs good with the gas cap off, you'll have to dry a small hole in the gas cap to allow it to vent.

Hey i have the same problem with my 80cc bike it doesnt stay on when i make a full stop i have to keep idleing for it to stay on. I need help with this what can it be? What do i do? Please help

Hey i have the same problem with my 80cc bike it doesnt stay on when i make a full stop i have to keep idleing for it to stay on. I need help with this what can it be? What do i do? Please help

If you have adjusted your idle screw correctly, then it is probably your clutch dragging - search the board for complete instructions for adjusting the clutch.

Back