2 Stroke and 4 Stroke information for all

• Thread starter Deleted member 33472
  • Start date
I'm hoping your not confusing Ethanol-Free gas with leaded gasoline???...They are NOT one and the same thing.

JULY 1, 2021 was when the last leaded fuel had finally disappeared from gas stations. That last country in the world to sell it was Algeria.

It hasn't been available at American gas pumps for 26 years. The US has been using different additives other than lead for those many years now.

The Ethanol-Free Gasoline sold at US gas stations is NOT leaded gas since to sell any form of leaded gas at a US gas station is totally Illegal by Federal law.

"Leaded gasoline was eventually taken off the U.S. market
Unleaded gasoline was introduced in the 1970s when health problems from lead became apparent. In the United States, leaded gasoline for use in on-road vehicles was completely phased out as of January 1, 1996. Most other countries have also stopped using leaded gasoline in vehicles. Retail gasoline is now usually sold in three grades of gasoline."
the history of gas goes way back...even before rockefeller. it probably became an acceptable practice back on the praries when cowboys survived on a diet of beans....thats probably where the old pull my finger gag first got its start...lmmfao

Vp fuels... Leaded... Was $68 6 months ago...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220408-090343.png
    Screenshot_20220408-090343.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_20220408-090445.png
    Screenshot_20220408-090445.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 128
the history of gas goes way back...even before rockefeller. it probably became an acceptable practice back on the praries when cowboys survived on a diet of beans....thats probably where the old pull my finger gag first got its start...lmmfao

"Gasoline was discovered nearly 160 years ago as a byproduct of refining crude oil to make kerosene for lighting. There was no use for gasoline at the time, so it was burned at the refinery, converted to a gaseous fuel for gas lights, or simply discarded. About 125 years ago, in the early 1890s, automobile inventors began to realize that gasoline had value as a motor fuel. In 1911, gasoline outsold kerosene for the first time. And, by 1920, there were about nine million gasoline-powered vehicles in the United States, and gas stations were opening across the country to fuel the growing number of cars and trucks."

Airports are the only ones allowed to sell leaded gas in the USA.

Small aircraft use leaded gas, AV LL100,
Low Lead 100 octane is the most common.
LL100 is like the leaded gas we burned in our cars in the 60s

Guys with vintage Whizzers burn LL100

LL100 can be bought at your small airport
I called the small airport by me and asked them if they would sell me LL100
They said they would sell it to me if I can get thru the gate.
Guess I need to make a friend who works at that small airport :LOL:

Available at VP stations at the pump
If it is available via using an gasoline pump and nozzle at a gas station, its totally illegal then by Federal statute...It can only be available by sealed jug, can, etc. mostly for either farm or racing use only...leaded gas is not allowed to be in underground storage tanks due to leakage that can happen etc.

Back