2 stroke bicycle

Local time
9:29 AM
My two stroke bicycle runs perfect when i am riding but sometimes when i am slowing down i let off the throttle and pull the clutch the motor revs very high any thoughts on the cause? I do not have any problems starting it even when its cold.

I took off the intake manifold and realized there was no gasket and i was not the one who installed the motor so i put a gasket and its a little better so i am guessing its coming from the carb side so i am going to put an o ring inside to create a seal hopefully that does the trick
And as I mentioned before, don't forget to torque down that head and jug assembly every heat cycle when the motor is cold again, the leakage was very visible in the pictures you provided for both the head gasket as well as the bottom gaskets on the cylinder jug.

And as I mentioned before, don't forget to torque down that head and jug assembly every heat cycle when the motor is cold again, the leakage was very visible in the pictures you provided for both the head gasket as well as the bottom gaskets on the cylinder jug.
Yeah i tightened up all four bolts on the engine head but i was only able to get about a half turn with my socket wrench before they were snug again.

Yeah i am sure they are not made that well i will have to check that out for sure if it does not sit level then i am sure it will not create an airtight seal
The easiest way to test is to get a spray bottle with some water in it, when it revs high, squirt a little water on the suspect areas. If it dies, Bingo! You've found the leak. Keep the spray away from the carb intake.

The easiest way to test is to get a spray bottle with some water in it, when it revs high, squirt a little water on the suspect areas. If it dies, Bingo! You've found the leak. Keep the spray away from the carb intake.
Thanks for the advice i am sure my wife has a spray bottle somewhere is it ok if i spray where the carb meets the intake manifold? Because i imagine it could leak from there

I had a question about putting the o ring inside my carburetor as long as the o ring fits snug inside my carb there is no chance that it could get sucked into my engine is there?

Back