2 stroke bicycle

Local time
7:57 AM
My two stroke bicycle runs perfect when i am riding but sometimes when i am slowing down i let off the throttle and pull the clutch the motor revs very high any thoughts on the cause? I do not have any problems starting it even when its cold.

I put the o ring in the carb and no issue there but the engine still revs high when pulling the clutch and also i noticed i still maintain speed sometimes when not pulling the throttle could it be that my spark plug gap is wrong?
You still have an air leak. Possible connections that leak air are cylinder to case, intake to cylinder and carb to intake. Get a spray bottle with some water in it and when it idles high, spray those areas until it dies. that will be where the leak is at.

You still have an air leak. Possible connections that leak air are cylinder to case, intake to cylinder and carb to intake. Get a spray bottle with some water in it and when it idles high, spray those areas until it dies. that will be where the leak is at.
Could it maybe just be getting too much fuel because i just drove it home from work and my carb was leaking fuel

Could it maybe just be getting too much fuel because i just drove it home from work and my carb was leaking fuel
Float height causes fuel to leak from the carb. See 4th picture here for how to set.

Float height causes fuel to leak from the carb. See 4th picture here for how to set.
Yeah i feel really stupid my carb was not on tight enough i thought it was because i could pull on it and it did not come off but it still was not tight enough and i realized one of the screws on the intake manifold to the engine head was also not tight enough but its tricky to tighten it because of the bike frame its on i had to cut an allen wrench shorter just to tighten them properly but now it is running just fine🤘🏻 this is a photo of the bike

Attachments

• IMG_20230110_214211_476.jpg
    IMG_20230110_214211_476.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 74
Yeah i feel really stupid my carb was not on tight enough i thought it was because i could pull on it and it did not come off but it still was not tight enough and i realized one of the screws on the intake manifold to the engine head was also not tight enough but its tricky to tighten it because of the bike frame its on i had to cut an allen wrench shorter just to tighten them properly but now it is running just fine🤘🏻 this is a photo of the bike
Not much free space in that frame for the engine.

Back