2-stroke calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglepig

Local time
1:17 AM
I was just poking around and found this site that has a number of handy online two-stroke calculators. The basic ones are free. Some require registration, and they require payment to do exhaust design for your engine.
The calculators I tried out seemed legit, and are easy to use. With these tools + digital caliper + feeler gauge, calculating all our performance tuning parameter for port timing becomes child's play. Next time I pull my head, I'll do this so I have my numbers. Then I can play with porting with enough knowledge to be dangerous and maybe successful. All I've done with mine so far is clean up the casting imperfections and chamfer the edges of the exhaust port.

These calculations are not that hard to do, but the online calculators sure make it easy and quick.

What other similar calculation sites do members know about that are good?
Other free software? Spreadsheets?

I'm dreaming of building a bike chassis dyno too. Something inexpensive that DIYers can construct on a small budget and get results useful enough to make comparisons of their performance when modding. But that's for another thread.

Right now I'm interested in nice software to help with analysis of engine port timing, exhaust design, and related calcs.

I was just poking around and found this site that has a number of handy online two-stroke calculators. The basic ones are free. Some require registration, and they require payment to do exhaust design for your engine.
The calculators I tried out seemed legit, and are easy to use. With these tools + digital caliper + feeler gauge, calculating all our performance tuning parameter for port timing becomes child's play. Next time I pull my head, I'll do this so I have my numbers. Then I can play with porting with enough knowledge to be dangerous and maybe successful. All I've done with mine so far is clean up the casting imperfections and chamfer the edges of the exhaust port.

These calculations are not that hard to do, but the online calculators sure make it easy and quick.

What other similar calculation sites do members know about that are good?
Other free software? Spreadsheets?

I'm dreaming of building a bike chassis dyno too. Something inexpensive that DIYers can construct on a small budget and get results useful enough to make comparisons of their performance when modding. But that's for another thread.

Right now I'm interested in nice software to help with analysis of engine port timing, exhaust design, and related calcs.
Lambretta's calc's are free and used by many of us allready,pipe designers can be found for free also.IWT racing has a free pipe designer.https://lambretta-images.com/tuningh/port-timing-calculators/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back