2 stroke chain tensioners.

PimpMan

Local time
7:52 AM
I wanted to put this here because i looked it up yesterday and it could save time to someone, here's list of chain tensions i found.

First video about standard tensioner, first thing that come to my mind when installing it so i moved it closer to the rim.

Here's list of safer chain tensioners i found.

1. Arch Idler Pulley Chain Tensioner - $15 (arch only)
31.jpg

10" version - $19
26.jpg

12 1/2" version - $25-35
27.jpg

2. Generic home made tensioner with skateboard wheel or random wheel - $24-29

6.jpg

12.jpg

3. Better quality build version of generic tensioner with skateboard wheel - $35

8.jpg

4. CNC Springer Chain Tensioner with Chain Guide - $35
23.jpg

Has built in anti chain lock ($15 value)

9.jpg

5. Duluth Cycle Advanced 2 stroke Motorized Bicycle Chain Tensioner - $50

11.jpg

6 Kip's Spring Tensioner / BBR Tuning Billet Springer Chain Tensioners - $50
22.jpg

Chain guide rollers is next thing because 10 teeth gear is made of wear aluminum and does strip fast.

There's plenty options searching for "Chain Guide Roller" on eBay.

Dunno if its good idea there's one made of two bare sealed bearings - $12

21.jpg

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Can you imagine the noise every chain like would make going over the steel bearings?...............Curt

I got an arch tensioner and I have 2 tension wheels in the arch 1 for top 1 for bottom, but from my own innovation experiments with a spring one goes faster uphill cuz the motor torque changes wants to eat more chain and if one can feed it one gets a better climb speed anyhow with my innovation spring work that way.

Thanks for your options.

I got an arch tensioner and I have 2 tension wheels in the arch 1 for top 1 for bottom, but from my own innovation experiments with a spring one goes faster uphill cuz the motor torque changes wants to eat more chain and if one can feed it one gets a better climb speed anyhow with my innovation spring work that way.
Picture?

Sorry something is wrong with my G5 Motorola or it's the forum saying pic is too large for upload or there is no supportive link I had to factory reset my phone a few days ago which piss me off first thing it went for was my SD card erase the only spectroscopy app left on Earth.

Back