2 stroke chopper

Here is a homemade 2 stroke chopper that my father is in-law is building useing a occ schwinn frame and a 2 stroke moped motor.

it is still a work in progress and he plans to pull the motor and back wheel forward so it looks more like a motorcycle.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Yes it is a 50CC, even though it looks like alot of bike it is very light and this pic is a few weeks old today he moved the wheel and motor forward and added a bore kit to the engine.

the pedals are stationary also there just for holding the feet.

junglepig

There's a guy I follow on YouTube, Mustie1, who builds a bike every winter it seems.
He has some very cool and creative builds. I don't think he does the HT engines ever. But he'll use just about any old engine he finds that has the dimensions or properties he likes. And he'll use odd things for bike framing parts, like wrenches, butter knives, coins, etc.
I don't remember why I ever started watching his channel, but it's very addictive and educational too.
Typically he buys or picks up discarded power equipment and diagnoses it and gets it going again. And he brings us along for the adventure. VWs, motorcycles, snow-blowers, tractors, etc.
His bike builds are what inspired me to grab and engine kit and build myself a bike.
Anyway, your project just reminded me of some of his, so I thought I'd share.

I hope you and others check him out and enjoy his vids as much as I do!

There's a guy I follow on YouTube, Mustie1, who builds a bike every winter it seems.
He has some very cool and creative builds. I don't think he does the HT engines ever. But he'll use just about any old engine he finds that has the dimensions or properties he likes. And he'll use odd things for bike framing parts, like wrenches, butter knives, coins, etc.
I don't remember why I ever started watching his channel, but it's very addictive and educational too.
Typically he buys or picks up discarded power equipment and diagnoses it and gets it going again. And he brings us along for the adventure. VWs, motorcycles, snow-blowers, tractors, etc.
His bike builds are what inspired me to grab and engine kit and build myself a bike.
Anyway, your project just reminded me of some of his, so I thought I'd share.

I hope you and others check him out and enjoy his vids as much as I do!

Sounds like my father in law, he puts moped,car,bike,snow blower you name it motors on lawn mowers,bikes,Wheel Chairs,Custom frames,tiny scooters you name it if it has wheels he adds a motor to it then he sells it.

if it tells you anything the engine you see in the pic came off a WORKING moped 100% working he took it off just to put it on this and his excuse is because the engine in his garage kept flooding and he to lazy to fix it and after installing it to the bike he fixs the other engine and puts it on the moped.

junglepig

LOL. My next project may have to be an HT engine powered wheel-chair for myself.♿
I bet with two-stroke power I would never have to worry about people walking in front of my chair or mobility scooter again!