2 stroke engine made from fridge compressor

GreasyChris

I stumbled across this video of a guy making a 2 stroke engine from a fridge compressor.
Its nothing that's really practical but it does have an acrylic head and case so you get to see the combustion process as it happens in real time.

darwin

Fridge compressor is 2 parts basically, electric motor with a compressor. Think about it we're talking apples and oranges here. A 2 stroke would replace the electric motor only ok. Why do you need the compressor at all? I don't get it. The design just isn't there in my thinking.

GreasyChris

Fridge compressor is 2 parts basically, electric motor with a compressor. Think about it we're talking apples and oranges here. A 2 stroke would replace the electric motor only ok. Why do you need the compressor at all? I don't get it. The design just isn't there in my thinking.
It's a total waste of time, no doubt about it. It was more about showing people how a 2 stroke engine actually works. If you watch the video you'll clearly see this engine is useless but it does show you in real time the basic operating principals of a 2 stroke.

darwin

I like the idea of an acrylic head to see it in action, then I thought of the heat factor melting it maybe.

GreasyChris

I like the idea of an acrylic head to see it in action, then I thought of the heat factor melting it maybe.
Lol watch the video. Ya the plug doesn't last long before it blows out from the heat. I thought it was cool just to be able to see the combustion process in action

Frogslayer

I agree man it's cool to actually see it. Project Farm has a lot of cool videos as well.

LewieBike

The gasoline was dissolving the Acrylic sheet covering the crankcase, there were all sorts of problems with this engine. It was a good demonstration of how a 2 stroke works.