2 stroke engine on aviation fuel

Rich

Local time
6:19 AM
i have started to use aviation fuel in my "66"cc engine. it is rated at 100 octane and is leaded. so far so good. the acceleration is incredible but top speed has n't changed all that much. i am using a ngk 5hs? spark plug, which i undersrtand is the coolest plug i could find.

is this fuel going to ruin my engine or is it safe?

thanks. rich

It'll leave nasty grey deposits and 2-stroke oil already leaves enough to deal with.

It'll leave nasty grey deposits and 2-stroke oil already leaves enough to deal with.

I use it in my aircraft engine because I have to.. I leaves lots of lead deposits in your engine/sparkplugs if your engine is "low compression" The upside is there is no alchohol in it. Have you tried half Aviaton and half auto fuel? That seems like a good summer mix for small airplanes.

Do we even know if 2 stroke oil is miscible (dissolves) in airplane fuel? Be a bummer if it settled out.

if its methanol no its temporarily miscible even 35 deg farenheit its seperated quickly

Its a great fuel to use if you have issues with vapor lock. Other than that, it is hard to start and does NOT increase power. You didn't notice any power increase because octane does not equal more power. Any difference in acceleration is probably due to the fact that your engine si breaking in and piston rings are sealing better.

I used 50% aviation fuel in my avatar bike. It ran like a dream and did 0 to 60 in 3 seconds LOL. I dont know why its needed in a HT engine. But then again, I never
blame a guy for experimenting or testing. Let us know how it goes over a few tank fulls.

I used 50% aviation fuel in my avatar bike. It ran like a dream and did 0 to 60 in 3 seconds LOL. I dont know why its needed in a HT engine. But then again, I never
blame a guy for experimenting or testing. Let us know how it goes over a few tank fulls.

Graucho, Didn't you mean 0 to 60 in 3 days, not second? This is a HT engine afterall.

Got it. What kind of bike is that Graucho? What's the engine doing for HP, compression ratio, redline? Looks like fun.

Back