2 stroke oil in 4 stroke gas?

We run Klotz BeNOL as a top lube in all our 4 stroke race engines. About a 1/4 ounce per gallon. Will be doing the same with my honda on my bike.

I have used 2 stroke mix gas in my lawn mowers if I forget to buy gas before heading out to mow for the day.....No excessive smoke or anything so far as I could tell...
Andrew

well -- I grabed the wrong gas can a while back
I put the two stroke gas into my 4 stroke Robin

I was wondering why THINGS seemed to be moving slower
took a couple of miles per hour off my speed
it came to me later -- what I had done

a little oil added to 4 stroke gas
won't hurt anything
but why -- a good quality 4 stroke runs forever without it

if an engine hasn't been run for a long time
first tank -- may be a good idea

ride that THING

We run Klotz BeNOL as a top lube in all our 4 stroke race engines. About a 1/4 ounce per gallon. Will be doing the same with my honda on my bike.

I doubt it will be of any benefit at all but it will make filling at service stations difficult. These aren't 4-stroke race engines although Honda have made small race engines that peak at revs over 3 times what the GXH50 reaches.
I put 85% deisel in my Citroen BX petrol engine because the wrong fuel came out of the pump. I managed to drive 70 miles with no rear vision (the blue smoke was too thick to see through) before it finally wouldn;'t go any further and when I got the engine cleaned out and the fuel system cleaned the mechanic told me it had probably done the engine some good. It was expensive to fix though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back