Fuel Mixture 2 stroke oil mixture

orbeas

Local time
10:02 PM
The instruction book with my engine says run with a 16-1 mixture, what mixture are you using as 16-1 is a lot of oil in the mix..
look forward to your thoughts !!!

If its 16:1 in the book thats what I'd put in there. The book is there for a reason

I have some 2 stroke engines that use 50:1 (most common these days), 40:1 and 25:1. I know of kart engines wanting 18:1 but these are very high revving race engines. What kind of an engine is it you're using?

32:1 to start and thereafter. 16:1 is way too rich with oi and the "book" is written by Chinese who use motor oil not 2 stroke oil in their rides.

32:1 to start and thereafter. 16:1 is way too rich with oi and the "book" is written by Chinese who use motor oil not 2 stroke oil in their rides.

Motor oil instead of 2 stroke.. barbarians!

I suppose if you bought a chainsaw off those guys the oil pump would be calibrated for honey and not chain oil.

Whatever combo you come up with, but be sure to add 25% of the ratio with CASTOR oil!!!!!!!!!!~ GREAT IDEA!!~ READ about!~

Last edited:
I have used 32:1 for ever on these engines. Never had an issue with that ratio.
Actually I had one old 2 stroker that I fired up and rode around the block running nothing but diesel in it.
It actually ran pretty good too. No lube tho!!

Are you serious? 100% diesel? Wow, I believe, but you wouldn't think compression would be high enough. Uno, if these little engines were diesels, then I bet they would last a very long time.

Well it was a synthetic diesel fuel and the engine was already heated up after running out of the regular gas. Diesel will not normally start in a cold engine. It requires a heated cylinder to combust. So in the real world you could not run it on diesel as an everyday fuel. No way to heat the cylinder. Also not enough oil in the fuel to lube up the moving parts.

Back