2 stroke or 4 stroke?

crabdance

Local time
4:51 AM
I know that this has to have been discussed before but I have searched and can not find it. I'm doing my research before buying and I'm trying to find out if it would be better to get a 2 stroke or 4 stroke kit? From what I have seen so far in the 4 stroke section, 4 strokes seem to last longer, take a beating better and get more miles. Then I heard that they don't take hills as good as a 2 stroke (bad). 4 strokes cost more... but do you get more?

Just trying to figure things out. I would appreciate everyones ideas about this. I know that this must be a raging subject. I need help in deciding before I buy.

thanks,
cd

If you can afford a 4 stroke you won't be disappointed.
With a 4 stroke you can pull up at the pumps and brag about what little your spending on a fill up.
That alone,man.
That alone.
No more 2 stroke mixing.
Just gas and go.
4 strokes rule.
And with the same gearing,my 50cc 4 stroke takes hills better than my 70cc two stroke.
It's a lot quieter too.

Im a 2stroke guy myself, on the upside you can make a expansion pipe to fit,along with a few small parts,and mods, and beat a 4stroke all day.

For the first time today I saw a guy with one of those 2 stroke ebay kits. My opinion is this. The 2 stroke looked great but dang was it loud.

I do like the thought of pulling up to the gas station and getting 50 - 75 cents worth of gas and watching everyone's expression. That's got to be worth it's weight in gold :) I have another question about the 4 stroke. Do you pop the clutch to start it like you do a two stroke?

I do like the thought of pulling up to the gas station and getting 50 - 75 cents worth of gas and watching everyone's expression. That's got to be worth it's weight in gold :) I have another question about the 4 stroke. Do you pop the clutch to start it like you do a two stroke?

Currently I have two 4 strokes and one 2 stroke. (4 strokes have a pull start)
__If im going out for a neighborhood cruise 15 miles or less I prefer my 2 stroke. I usually dont go down the same street twice because of the noise. My 2 stroke gives me the bicycle/motorcycle feeling. Its mounted on a cruiser bike so I sit up straight.
__If im going on a serious "must have the dependability" ride, 15 miles or more, I ALWAYS take the 4 strokes. If its a possibility of rain its the GEBE belt drive. If its a great weather day its the Staton friction drive. I think it up to the individual. I find great joy both. What do you need it for?

Attachments

• r_35_GEBE_and_80cc_HT.jpg
    r_35_GEBE_and_80cc_HT.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 213
Currently I have two 4 strokes and one 2 stroke. (4 strokes have a pull start)
__If im going out for a neighborhood cruise 15 miles or less I prefer my 2 stroke. I usually dont go down the same street twice because of the noise. My 2 stroke gives me the bicycle/motorcycle feeling. Its mounted on a cruiser bike so I sit up straight.
__If im going on a serious "must have the dependability" ride, 15 miles or more, I ALWAYS take the 4 strokes. If its a possibility of rain its the GEBE belt drive. If its a great weather day its the Staton friction drive. I think it up to the individual. I find great joy both. What do you need it for?

Thank you for your answer, graucho. I live in a small town and the next big town is about 15 miles away so it sounds like the 4 stroke might be the answer for me. It's a drive that I would make on a semi-regular basis.... say once a week or once every 2 weeks.

Do you have any recommendations for which 4 stroke kit to buy? I found a kit at http://www.fiveflagsmotorbikes.com/Wizard4StrokeBicycleEngine.htm and I like the looks of it but don't know if it's a good buy or not. It has an option to buy a long pipe. I'm guessing that you would recommend the GEBE and the Stanton (duh). I've looked at those. Are there any others out there?

I would be primarily be using the mb for going to the store and to the doctors office (I have to go twice a week), and for just joy riding whenever I could. And sometimes the trip to the "big city" lol.

Thanks for the reply and the help in this matter. Thanks to everyone too. Anyone who replies is welcome.

I live in such a small town that when I finally get my mb I will just make a trip to the police station and show it to them and let them no I have it before they try and stop me on the road, lol. We're just about on a first name basis here.

It's all about preference. Do you want a belt drive or a chain drive? Frame mount or rack mount?
I have one of Dax's Titan and I love it but I can't comment on any others besides the Happy Time 2 stroke frame mount which I too have because I haven't the pleasure to try them out.
I do know that I can depend on my Titan and I go to 50 to 60 mile rides at times.

It's all about preference. Do you want a belt drive or a chain drive? Frame mount or rack mount?
I have one of Dax's Titan and I love it but I can't comment on any others besides the Happy Time 2 stroke frame mount which I too have because I haven't the pleasure to try them out.
I do know that I can depend on my Titan and I go to 50 to 60 mile rides at times.

Hi LF,
I understand about the preference. I think what I want is a chain drive frame mount. Although the Dax Titan is probably wonderful, I don't like the looks of the engine sitting on top of the back wheel. Like you said... preference. Guess I just like that motorcycle wanna-be look :)

Thanks for letting me know about your Titan going 50 to 60 mile rides at a time. That's good to know. Let's me know that the engines can take it and keep going!

Have you heard of the engine kit in the link I provided above? Have you heard anything about them, good or bad? Just wondering.

Thank you for your answer, graucho. I live in a small town and the next big town is about 15 miles away so it sounds like the 4 stroke might be the answer for me. It's a drive that I would make on a semi-regular basis.... say once a week or once every 2 weeks.

Do you have any recommendations for which 4 stroke kit to buy? I found a kit at http://www.fiveflagsmotorbikes.com/Wizard4StrokeBicycleEngine.htm and I like the looks of it but don't know if it's a good buy or not. It has an option to buy a long pipe. I'm guessing that you would recommend the GEBE and the Stanton (duh). I've looked at those. Are there any others out there?

There are may members here who have the kit you showed. I'm sure someone else can advise. The only thing bad I have to say about my GEBE set up is the fuel tank is too small. The tank in my photo, I only get 25 miles and it starts to sputter a little. I always carry extra fuel in a small camping white gas tank. They do make larger tanks but they are bulky or sit off to the side. many like them, but I dont like the look. (Personal preference) I do have to say I LOVE the engine though. I've heard of people with 5-10,000 miles on them.
http://www.bikeengines.com/info.htm

Back