2 stroke questions

DieselTech

Local time
12:34 AM
On a new never run engine, can I reuse piston pin circlips once removed? 2. Can I hone new iron sleeve cylinder? Cause there's no cross hatch in cylinder for rings to seat in properly.
20210920_143400.jpg

Yes and yes. Do hone it if there are none. You know why. Dont bend the tabs in Though on the clip. If they bend in, its toast. The g clip style or a circlip is better than a two tang style.

Did your cdh come honed? Mine always do, sleeve jug or whole engine, they are always cross hatched.

I haven't disassembled CDH yet, but the ports are a lot better on CDH, so as of now I'm unsure if its honed yet. I'm going to try & get to it this week thou.

No rush, when ya get there, you get there. I'm just curious about the quality compared to when I buy one. Just want to see if everyone else gets the same as me and my friends when we buy.

Is this the correct method to measure squish? Then measure thinnest part of solder on both sides, add the 2 figures together & divide by 2.
20210920_213355.jpg

Is this the correct method to measure squish? Then measure thinnest part of solder on both sides, add the 2 figures together & divide by 2.View attachment 158165
The method is soound but the math is off, just need to measure the thickness of the solder in the compressed area and that is the clearance, your looking for around .7 of a mm for ideal so that hot and the slight end plays don't drop it below .5 running. Squish is ineffective if over .85 the msv is greatly slowed and the cooling effect is lost, neither is good for a two stroke so getting this right helps greatly in helping the engine last longer and perform better. You are on the right track here!

Thanks for the info, mine was .87mm with head partially torqued down to 8ft/lbs, do I need to tighten squish some more, I'm running the CDH 49mm steel sleeve cylinder.

CDH cast cylinder head, does anybody know if squish band area is cut right for the 49mm bore iron sleeve cylinder.
20210921_080312.jpg

Back