2 stroke questions

Thanks guys for the help, I've been doing lots of searches reading old threads on tuning & other stuff. You say 5° timing, whats that in movement? like 1½ keys width or less?
MIne went best at about 1 and 1/4 widths. I tried more, but it was just so hard to start and real boggy on the bottom.

EDIT: Have to remember mine is nitro powered though. I'm going to start adding more to the mix now.

Couldn't a guy also slot the armature & rotate it in opposite direction of magnet, to help adjust timing?
Yes there are many ways you can go about this, I used to weld/fill in the keyway and cut a new one but that's alot of work and have since found easier solution's. You can buy offset woodruff key's or you can just trim one yourself, a conicle split washer with matching taper cut into the face of rotor works well or even as Karl said, anything that will lock it where you want it.
I have only ever messed with the rotor once, because of all the laminations/layers they are hard to cut cleanly but then I gave up on that rather quickly LOL.

That split cone washer is the ticket, do they still sell that magnet set up? I'm prolly going to do a combination of the stuff you & Karl mentioned.

I wanted to do the cone, but I have to buy 10,000 pieces for an order. We don't sell them much, so we drop ship that item from the manufacture. Industrial supplier, so they buy like 100k pieces at a time. I can't afford that, I don't need but maybe 10. lol

Did you find the right size cone for shaft? I haven't done much looking yet.

Back