2-stroke/single-speed...operation for topend performance?

heck yeah...i guess the bottle being too large did have a negative effect. i get smooth and strong running all the way up, and can hold my own in 35mph traffic. now all i have to do is ride the heck outta it and tune the mixture. we have a really nice day here for it, too.

Last edited:
well...12mm up from 10mm isn't much increase, but now i can adjust the mixture and i can really feel the rich-boost...this thing will really burn it, i tellyawut. yes, the "incease" is thru the whole range, i love it.

mileage? what mileage? i'm running as rich as i can and really going thru the fuel. but i bet i could tune it back down and get a ton of mileage with the E3 plug.

ok, now we're getting somewhere...the mixture range that has any real effect is much narrower than i was thinking, and the fine-tuning is way more sensitive than i expected, too.

i think i really hit on something with this boost-toob thingy, what a great sound i get all the way up...

so, this is admittedly along a steady downward slope, but i hit and held 38mph+ and she was just buzzin'...i'm pretty sure the only thing i could do now (and stay "stock") is find better fuel. if the 16 tooth drivegear shows up on time, i do believe i'll post a strong 40mph run :cool:

EDIT: logically, after i toned it back down my mileage has increased, but i'm bad about paying attention to the numbers. considering i'm always WOT, i think it does finer than fine.

Last edited:
i'm not sure i understand...i do a level 35mph now without a hitch...14tooth.

Walbro carb

Hey Dog I had a Walbro double jet on my GP460. With the stock muffler it ran fine. I switched to an Xcan & still fine. I routed the exhaust to the rear & CA -RAP !! not fine anymore. Just could not dial it in... I switched it to a cheap single jet & fine again. EZ too. Noticed a little less perform, but not that much.

i'm not sure i understand...i do a level 35mph now without a hitch...14tooth.
when you try the 16 tooth you will understand, my tanaka 47r just can pull the 14, 13 gives me more rpms and top end. you need to twist the rpms on that motor like 11,000 +

got it...i guess i should hook up the 13 to see if that's the case with mine, too. i think we covered this once, but i stubbornly ignored it...the 32 will pull the 14-tooth from a dead-stop if i felt like abusing it.

zomby, i have the stock carby and it is easy to change out...being able to tune for elevation is a plus, tho, that i'm not yet willing to give up on.

what if i can pedal-assist up to a higher speed? i can get a 52 tooth that'll get me up to about 25mph, maybe that would help?

Last edited:
Back