2-stroke/single-speed...operation for topend performance?

boy am i blushing. i found out yesterday that the custom-drivegear i have is the 15 tooth. maybe i'll try counting the next one.

so...

13 tooth

34.8mph
9370rpm

14 tooth

9220rpm

15 tooth

37.3mph
9200rpm

duivendyk, i'm pretty beered tonite (safe at home and sitting down)...care to have a look at the amended (original) chart and see if it makes more sense? i'll try tomorrow.

btw-it looks like i'll be taking a nicely-tweaked tanaka 40cc with me too. rumors say 18k r's or more. i'm actually going to get dyno-specs with it.

but i get 5 runs, and would still love to see what i can get outta this "stock" 32...

Last edited:
Getting the true facts straight is surprisingly difficult, I have found out over the years,esp. if there's no one else looking over your shoulder.
Are you aware that by just measuring rpm& knowing sprocket size changes you can find out how your speed has changed ?.You don't necessarily have to compute your speed from time measurements.
Suppose you have a 14t sprocket and your rpm is 9200.You try 15 and your rpm is 9000.
15*9000/14*9200=1.048, your speed has gone up by 4.8 %,say from 35 to 36.7mph.This might speed up things,otherwise you can use it to double check on either your time or rpm measurements.I trust I'm making myself clear.

yes...but i wish ya'd quit making me get the calculator out...hehe...you seem to be a mathematical fanatic, i wish i could calculate "on the fly" like you. some of your other posts around the forums are so cool...even when i can't follow yer stuff i have fun trying :)

dennis i think has been bringing me along a bit at a time...he just mentioned the same theory, using the tach and forgetting about the speedo altogether...this has been a great apprenticeship so far, and i surely dig that some of you are getting into it with me :cool:

ps- i suppose i could adapt a rectangular "wallet-magnifyer" to the face of the tach. wow, i started out joking, but that might really work :)

Last edited:
and i now totally understand why, less strain on the brain and more accurate, and i agree :)

the suit

it was the worst ebay deal i ever went thru...but shootfire i'm happy with the product...it fits great! hot as h-e-double-toothpicks, tho...heavy too...whew! frame's gonna get stripped and primered this week, off for paint next week :cool:

Attachments

• Mvc-325f.jpg
    Mvc-325f.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 354
  • Mvc-329f.jpg
    Mvc-329f.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Mvc-328f.jpg
    Mvc-328f.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 290
  • Mvc-330f.jpg
    Mvc-330f.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 380
  • MVC-331F.JPG
    MVC-331F.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 279
holy cow !! bro, did you NEED to go all the way there for the sanction ? you could SLIDE the whole flying mile in that suit and never scratch it !!

hope you got a decent deal, i know what that suit costs new.

i'll have to post some of my pics, it's real intersting SEEING who we're taling with.

maybe we should ad a sub forum for this kind of thing.

steve

when USFRA heard about our goals, they felt they had to enforce the full safety package expected of any 2-wheel competitor. i didn't mind at all, i do like my skin...& they in turn were gracious enuff to invite me to spend some time observing a tech-inspector, so's to learn more for next season :cool:

it was an ebay deal....poor communications, long wait...but as you can see it was worth it...a new suit with extra tall-tailoring fees, full liner, all armor incl & removable, and shipping...$340 US :cool:

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back