2006 24" Brown NE5

I could weld that up and have it strong as ever. And if you are worried about sprockets, I think they are interchangeable.
Thanks. There is a lot of corrosion on what appears to be a failed repair. Not sure if it would be worth it. The sprocket on that one crank is not interchangeable, go figure. I'll send a better picture later.

That Whizzer crank and sprocket is not rare and easily replaceable. Buy new one

Cruzzer welds the sprocket on, go figure?
I just realized on my 2002 that the crank threads are stripped, not allowing the jam nut to keep the cup nut tight. It kept "coming loose" and after tightening it a second time ( the jam nut was off the threads) I realized that the first few turns are stripped and the nut only has a few turns to tight anyway. I am sure the original assembler of the bike did not know the threads were reversed and buggered them up with the first cup nut before backing it off and threading it back on all the way leaving few threads for the jam nut to bit. I tried some locktight, but I am sure I will have to replace the crank soon.

I just realized on my 2002 that the crank threads are stripped, not allowing the jam nut to keep the cup nut tight. It kept "coming loose" and after tightening it a second time ( the jam nut was off the threads) I realized that the first few turns are stripped and the nut only has a few turns to tight anyway. I am sure the original assembler of the bike did not know the threads were reversed and buggered them up with the first cup nut before backing it off and threading it back on all the way leaving few threads for the jam nut to bit. I tried some locktight, but I am sure I will have to replace the crank soon.
While your replacing the crank are you gonna pick out a new sprocket pattern or stay with the original,

I switched my sprocket because it actually started to get out of round from starting the bike alot
I switched to the star pattern, Just because I like it, and also the star is the sprocket I had on my bicycle as a kid :LOL:
DSCF7128.JPG

That Whizzer crank and sprocket is not rare and easily replaceable. Buy new one
Can't find one.
While your replacing the crank are you gonna pick out a new sprocket pattern or stay with the original,

I switched my sprocket because it actually started to get out of round from starting the bike alot
I switched to the star pattern, Just because I like it, and also the star is the sprocket I had on my bicycle as a kid :LOL:
View attachment 190581
Triangles make sense. The adapter set and 3 piece crank will work. Looked pretty hard for an extra wide one piece crank, only found one.

Check this out. The bearing cups are fine, no gouges. I'm going to keep all the attaching hardware and cups incase I do run across the correct Whizzer crank, but knows. Maybe I like the look of the three piece crank.

Attachments

• 20230411_190143.jpg
    20230411_190143.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 76
I'm going to check my other two. The threads on the crank from the rusty bike are in great shape. Jam nut was nice and tight.

Back