2006 whizzer pacemaker 2 questions

OK different heads on each bike that explains the temp differences between the two bikes
But ya still shouldn't tell people that the NE-5 head temps should be monitored. That's your personal preference with no proven gain.
In your post ya made it seem like the NE-5 had cyl head temp problems that was affecting the operation of the engine.

Did you know that advancing the cam one tooth counterclockwise just puts the cam back in the stock position.
Whizzer USA had the cam stamped one tooth retarded on purpose and put a restrictor in the intake so Whizzer USA could sell the bikes in USA to meet most state laws legally also the EPA emission laws
Whizzer is on the books as only having 1.95 HP and a top speed of 25 MPH :ROFLMAO: Whizzer could prove it with the stamped cam dot
This lets the bike be registered as a Motorbicycle or Moped that has 2HP or under and a top speed of 30MPH in most all states.
We all know the Whizzer really is 4.5HP and will easily reach 40mph or faster with mods (y)
I think it's pretty cool how Whizzer USA got around the laws for us Whizzer Lovers (y)

I see your bikes had some stuff done As the years go by and your NE-5s needs some love I hope you discover the other improvements that can be made. Keep one wheel on the ground and the shiny side up
ALOHA Wrench
Here's a pic of one of my babies. We exceeded 40 mph once, ONCE! I'm 65 years old and that's fast enough for me. She's a joy to ride.

I appreciate your advice but I will continue to recommend cyl temp gauges and here's why... There are a lot of novices that buy these bikes and have no idea of basic cooling requirements. I see the cool guys with their videos with the idle turned way down and they take a 3-5 minute video to post on social media. These are the folks I'm directing my advice to. I want them to be aware that there are things they need to know that they may not know. Just sharing what I've learned, like you do. Cheers.

Skeezer

Attachments

• zquarry2.jpg
    zquarry2.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 153
Here's a pic of one of my babies. We exceeded 40 mph once, ONCE! I'm 65 years old and that's fast enough for me. She's a joy to ride.

I appreciate your advice but I will continue to recommend cyl temp gauges and here's why... There are a lot of novices that buy these bikes and have no idea of basic cooling requirements. I see the cool guys with their videos with the idle turned way down and they take a 3-5 minute video to post on social media. These are the folks I'm directing my advice to. I want them to be aware that there are things they need to know that they may not know. Just sharing what I've learned, like you do. Cheers.

Skeezer
Your chasing heat gremlins.

May the tail winds be with you

Skeezer
HI Skeezer,

I know ya said ya didn't need any help but I just wanted to go over a few things with ya concerning Vapor Lock caused by the carb being too close to the engine and if the heat insulator is missing the carb will over heat easily.

The carb should have a heat insulator plate which is also the restriction plate
People just removed the restriction plate instead of opening up the restriction plate hole to match the intake port.
Then the carb would get vapor lock and they were confused.

Whizzer soon offered a Carb intake manifold spacer to move the carb further away from the engine to keep the carb cooler
The carb insulator plate still needs to be used with the carb spacer to keep the carb cool

The spacer hole for the intake should be modified if needed to match the intake port and carb for best performance

Here is a link if ya need one
www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/products/carb-spacer-kit/

The carb spacer is 1" long but some guys cut it half and make 2 spacers. They use a 1/2" spacer they say it performs better. 🤷‍♂️
I find that still puts the carb too close to the engine so I make mine 3/4" long because I find that 1" is too long After I add the heat Insulation plate and the intake gaskets to the 3/4" spacer that's 1" I find that has great performance and keeps the carb cooler and no vapor lock.

Here are some pics of the heat insulation plate and the Spacer The center hole has been enlarged to match the intake port and carb
I actually had to match the carb then taper the hole to match the Westman cyl intake port My carb is 22mm and my cyl intake port
is 24mm. The taper gives the fuel air mix a nice smooth passage with no sharp edges to interfere.

Just wanted to check with ya that the easy stuff is set up correct. Because I know ya bought these bikes from someone else after they made some mods. If the simple things are over looked you can have a phantom issue and not know why.

You have a very nice Whizzer Keep Her in the Wind (y) and Have a Nice Day :)
Wrench

I see your White Whizzer has a Spacer But IDK if your Red one does or if the heat insulation plates are in place.

Attachments

• DSCF3994.JPG
    DSCF3994.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF3997.JPG
    DSCF3997.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I see your CAOS breather (Crankcase Air Oil Separator) attached to your seat post.
Your's looks like Quentons first design made out of PVC pipe with a PCV valve. Nicknamed "Life Support"
Quenton then designed the Big Rubber Hose CAOS it's not a bulky.
Check out my unique design of a CAOS Breather.

I won't boar ya with performance mods because ya say your happy with you bike as it is now and ya like to keep it under 40

Always interested in whats up, catch ya later

Back