2008 Ambassador 2 flywheel removal questions

Ambassador2

Local time
8:43 PM
I am trying to remove the flywheel and stub shaft from the end of the crank on an Ambassador 2 (CVT) and got as far as the photo. Can I just use a gear puller on the flywheel and starter clutch shell at this point? Once I have the flywheel off, is the stub shaft a right or left hand thread into the end of the crankshaft? Does anyone know where to buy a spline wrench that will fit the stub shaft spline (19 teeth), or any other method to remove it?
IMG_4189.jpg

Thanks for any help you can offer.

use a 33 mm spline socket deepwell and a 1/2 inch electric torque wrench remember, the thread is lh for off !!!

I am trying to remove the flywheel and stub shaft from the end of the crank on an Ambassador 2 (CVT) and got as far as the photo. Can I just use a gear puller on the flywheel and starter clutch shell at this point? Once I have the flywheel off, is the stub shaft a right or left hand thread into the end of the crankshaft? Does anyone know where to buy a spline wrench that will fit the stub shaft spline (19 teeth), or any other method to remove it?View attachment 76780

Thanks for any help you can offer.

lh thread use a33mm spline socket deep well with a electric torque wrench

Back