2010 Cranbrook Looks To Have To Gauges

H

hemi350

i was at my local wally and seen the new blue cranbrook i almost had the big one. i think i see 12 gauge spokes. so i went home and got my spoke wrench and i think my eyes were right here are some pics of my discovery.

Attachments

• spoke1.jpg
    spoke1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 214
  • spoke 2.jpg
    spoke 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 228
can any member go to their local wally world and comfirm that my wally doesnt have a batch of unicorns

I always thought the spoke wrenches were citing the metric spoke nut size not spoke gauge. Am I wrong?

Sitched from a Gary Fischer Wahoo to one of these. I saw this blue one about two months ago on WM's site and I saw one in my local and bought it. Spokes are massive! I don't know what size they are but definately bigger than previous models. Been runnin around on mine for a couple a weeks now and i gotta say this thing feels TONS more stable than that G.F. I'm hard on my rides and the streets here in Denver aren't nice either and they hold up well. The Wahoo had Alex wheels laced to Deore hubs and these wheels honestly feel stronger. We'll see how they hold up in the long run but so far it's great. Heres some pics

Attachments

• p_00133.jpg
    p_00133.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 225
  • p_00132.jpg
    p_00132.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 187
I always thought the spoke wrenches were citing the metric spoke nut size not spoke gauge. Am I wrong?
I have the blue Delmar from Wally I know that I have to use the 14 slot my spoke wrench but I the 12 slot was the only one that would fit if you go to Wally u can see a visible difference in the spoke size compared to the standard 14 gauge used on last years cranbrook

Sitched from a Gary Fischer Wahoo to one of these. I saw this blue one about two months ago on WM's site and I saw one in my local and bought it. Spokes are massive! I don't know what size they are but definately bigger than previous models. Been runnin around on mine for a couple a weeks now and i gotta say this thing feels TONS more stable than that G.F. I'm hard on my rides and the streets here in Denver aren't nice either and they hold up well. The Wahoo had Alex wheels laced to Deore hubs and these wheels honestly feel stronger. We'll see how they hold up in the long run but so far it's great. Heres some pics
Is it just me and u that think that these wheel have bigger spokes, we know by the pics they have bigger spoke nipples and the rim is bigger also. I will pic one up next week from Wally

Well Income tax return finally come in, so I got the new Cranbrook (I liked riding the Schwinn Landmark as I bike) Here are some pics 2nd one has dial caliper on the spokes.

GEDC0389.jpg

GEDC0391.jpg

Back