2010 Felt MP into a(LIMITED SPEED MOTORCYCLE)

Well I finaly Have the Felt MP for my Proto Type that I have been waiting for for nearly two and a half months for it to get here. It is no longer built with aluminum so a Frame tank is out. I will not be proceeding with the build untill after the holidays but the front wheel is off to the bike shop for a drum brake. And if you have not guessed this already this bike will be built with the 4G T Belt Drive that was in my previous videos. Here are a few pic's for now this lighting Kit will not be avalible untill it is proven. Gas powered bicycles are ilegal here in Canada so that is why this Proto Type is going to be a Limited Speed Motorcycle and will be registred licenced and insured. Oh and I forgot the mention This Is My First Build and I will not stop until it is right.

SANY0002[1].jpg

SANY0004[1].jpg

Last edited:
Thank you I have been told that there is to much junk around the bike and it takes away from the bike. But this room is in my house too cold to work in the shop it is my hobby room with no benches so it gets real messy at times.

OK so here is the thing I am nearing completion of this bike and I have a tonne of pictures and comments for all of the pics. It would take me a week to do the hole thing so I am just going to post the pic's and slowly add the comments

SANY0096[1].jpg head light comparison

SANY0097[1].jpg Long exhaust gets first coat of satin black

SANY0104[1].jpg I picked up this used front shocks for $100

SANY0105[1].jpg And they will save me from welding mounting tabs on the stock Felt font end

SANY0107[1].jpg I have the bracket for the rear lights fabricated from scrap aluminum

Last edited:
SANY0108[1].jpg This is the battery box mock up shown with keyed kill switch and main power on off switch.

SANY0111[1].jpg Showing what the bikes ride height will be with the new front end.

SANY0115[1].jpg After trying the exhaust on the bike I found that the exhaust is going to have to be cut and re-welded.

SANY0116[1].jpg

SANY0117[1].jpg

SANY0121[1].jpg

SANY0123[1].jpg Mock up pics of what front end will look like with the new front end and new headlight

SANY0142[1].jpg This is a oil tank for a BSA motorbike from Low Brow customs $85

SANY0143[1].jpg I welded it together with my tigtorch.

SANY0144[1].jpg

SANY0146[1].jpg

SANY0151[1].jpg Front end and headlight sandblasted and ready for paint.

SANY0153[1].jpg Checking to make sure the wide crank set all works the way it should befor paint.

SANY0154[1].jpg

SANY0155[1].jpg Battery box is about 70% done.

SANY0157[1].jpg

SANY0158[1].jpg

Last edited:
Here are the very latest pics

SANY0205.jpg Tank is ready for olive drab green paint.

SANY0206.jpg

SANY0207.jpg Battery box is ready for olive drab green paint.

SANY0208.jpg The engine mount and the the rear light bracket are ready for olive drab green paint the rest will be satin black

SANY0209.jpg Rust proofing and fuel tank sealer will be used for long time rust free use.

SANY0210.jpg Paint inhibitor has been sprayed on the engine cover and is now ready for olive drab green paint.

SANY0211.jpg Front shock is ready for its olive drab green paint the top half will be satin black.

OK so this thread is now up to date Oh did I mention this is my first build LOL

Terry

Last edited:
Here are the latest pictures

SANY0226.jpg

SANY0227.jpg

SANY0228.jpg

SANY0229.jpg

SANY0230 (2).jpg

SANY0231.jpg Head light mounted to bracket I fa bed up includes mounting for signal lights just needs front cover cap.

SANY0232.jpg

SANY0233.jpg Here is the comparison from the stock front end to the shock front end

SANY0234.jpg

SANY0238.jpg I purchased this from the whizzer company and it matches nicely

SANY0225.jpg Last but not least here are all the painted parts the next step is final Assembly

Last edited:
Terry,

A couple questions.

1. what type of paint?
  2. how wide is that bottom bracket?
  3. are you going to keep the original triple tree fork? If not, what size steerer tube?

Thanks, Ed

The paint is from Lordco they did a color match the paint type is PPG Color is called Olive Drab there is about 10 different shades of this color. The black is Por 15 Satin Black. I'm not sure what bracket you are referring to and I have not made up my mind about selling the spare parts yet.

Back