2020 Giant Escape 2 Disc/49cc Staton

Hey everyone, just finished my build and thought I'd share. It's a Giant Escape 2 Disc, with hydraulic brakes. Threw a Staton on it and she looks great.

Kind of wish I had a front suspension though. I wonder if those seat post suspensions help at all.

It's been raining here in FL every damn day so haven't gotten a ride in yet. But tomorrow should be clear.

Going to go on a nice ride and break in the engine and enjoy the elements. Hopefully it's more reliable than my china kit on my cruiser lol.

But I did learn a lot about those 2 stroke engines and working on them from my first build. Anyways pics posted below. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 20200815_193535.jpg
    20200815_193535.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,454
  • 20200815_193552.jpg
    20200815_193552.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 268
  • 20200815_193609.jpg
    20200815_193609.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 20200815_193650.jpg
    20200815_193650.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 336
You will hands down enjoy that friction kit over your china girl experience. So much less tinkering and trying to get it reliable. Enjoy your ride, and becareful of the fuzz. I'm in Florida too and I got out of gas Motorbicycling because of RS-68. I'm now electric, but I'm going to sell it, because I don't use it. I'm now on a Yamaha 125cc scooter that you need a Motorcycle Endorsement for. Anyway glad we could help and it looks like one of the nicest setups I've seen on here.

You will hands down enjoy that friction kit over your china girl experience. So much less tinkering and trying to get it reliable. Enjoy your ride, and becareful of the fuzz. I'm in Florida too and I got out of gas Motorbicycling because of RS-68. I'm now electric, but I'm going to sell it, because I don't use it. I'm now on a Yamaha 125cc scooter that you need a Motorcycle Endorsement for. Anyway glad we could help and it looks like one of the nicest setups I've seen on here.
Yeah I saw someone on this forum who modified a basket to fit around and camouflage the engine. I was thinking of doing something like that.

Then it just looks like a basket and a rear rack.

When I built my Friction drive. It is all I had. No Car. It was my sole mode of transportation. One thing I found was that I was running out of gas often with that tiny tank. If you are going to use yours often for long rides you might wanna consider this as well. I went to Home Depot and got a piece of thin sheet metal and put a 90 degree bend in it and hung it on the other side (opposite side of engine) and mounted a 1 gallon gas can and plumbed it into my engine.

SchwinnFriction.jpg

When I built my Friction drive. It is all I had. No Car. It was my sole mode of transportation. One thing I found was that I was running out of gas often with that tiny tank. If you are going to use yours often for long rides you might wanna consider this as well. I went to Home Depot and got a piece of thin sheet metal and put a 90 degree bend in it and hung it on the other side (opposite side of engine) and mounted a 1 gallon gas can and plumbed it into my engine.

View attachment 98732
That's exactly what I want to do. I already have a 1 gallon jug like that, that I used for mixing oil/gas on my first build. What do I need to do for "Plumbing" as you call it?

Step 1. Remove the rubber grommet from your Honda GX50 gas tank.
Step 2. Trace or copy the hole in your Honda GX50 gas tank and make the same size hole in the top of your 1 gallon jug. Cut the grommet circle hole the in the top of the 1 gallon jug. (I used an Xacto knife and was very careful).
Step 3. Remove the weighted gas filter at the end of your fuel line in your Honda GX50's tank.
Step 4 Buy some fuel line(Staton sells it or most lawn care equipment sales and service centers)
Step 5 Cut fuel line needed length to reach 1 gallon fuel jug.
Step 6 Install fuel line and breather line into rubber grommet with the weighted gas filter on the fuel line.
Step 7 Install rubber grommet with fuel line and breather line into 1 gallon jug.
Step 8 Mount fuel line and breather line into your Honda GX50's carb.

That is it. Good luck.

I also built a Giant Staton bike. Mine was a Gear/Chain drive with a GP460 engine shown below..... You'll also noticed I plumbed another 1 gallon gas can on the other side of the engine.
GiantStatonGP460.jpg

I also built a Giant Staton bike. Mine was a Gear/Chain drive with a GP460 engine shown below..... You'll also noticed I plumbed another 1 gallon gas can on the other side of the engine.
View attachment 98757
Yeah buddy, that thing is nice. Just got back from my first ride, and that gas does go quick. I need to rig up something similar. Nice build though. Wish I had a front suspension.

Back