203mm Rear Disk Brake Info

Timbone

Local time
10:07 AM
For those wishing to add a rear disk brake to your motorized bike, I have some info:

I used a clamshell adapter with a 36T sprocket and a spacer that placed the 203mm rotor a full 1/2" away from the sprocket. Still the caliper barely clears. No way I could have gotten a 160mm to clear.

For those wishing to add a rear disk brake to your motorized bike, I have some info:

I used a clamshell adapter with a 36T sprocket and a spacer that placed the 203mm rotor a full 1/2" away from the sprocket. Still the caliper barely clears. No way I could have gotten a 160mm to clear.
Depends on the size and shape of the caliper what one are you using?Hard to tell in this pic but there is maybe 5mm clearence between the caliper and chain on this one aswell.

Attachments

• 2017-06-21 01.21.34.jpg
    2017-06-21 01.21.34.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 349
I've looked at those products. Three things I noticed:

1) I see no predrilled holes in the sprocket for the top hat adapter...

2) The sprocket is only 30T - that's a very big gear for a direct drive. Maybe a 160mm rotor would fit that but why aren't there bigger sprockets (36T, 40T, 44T, etc.)?

3) It says the top hat adapter only works on a 30T sprocket. Whaaaa?

I've looked at those products. Three things I noticed:

1) I see no predrilled holes in the sprocket for the top hat adapter...

2) The sprocket is only 30T - that's a very big gear for a direct drive. Maybe a 160mm rotor would fit that but why aren't there bigger sprockets (36T, 40T, 44T, etc.)?

3) It says the top hat adapter only works on a 30T sprocket. Whaaaa?
There is two different top hat type adaptors one smaller for 30t or less and a larger one for 32t and up with quite afew sprocket choices for # of teeth,The top hat is ment to use chain ring bolts to attach to gear and has the same bolt circle as the clam shell adaptor.
cnc_36_t_large.jpg

Back