212cc ford themed bike build, help!

I still don’t have a phone yet because I buy so many engine parts😂. It’s sad to watch my friends in their phones all day and playing Xbox till 4 in the morning, My generation is spoiled and brainwashed by pocket computers😂.

Guys- the dude is 14! And you want him to bankroll a welder and fabricate a frame? Not to say he wouldn’t have the skills- but dang! Ambitious don’t ya think?

my vote- get on Craig’s list or offer up or your local equivalent, and find a frame you like. Use your money for proven parts and get on with your build. The bike in my avatar was $40! Of course my area is flooded with barely used beach cruisers.

and I respect your non-conformity

Guys- the dude is 14! And you want him to bankroll a welder and fabricate a frame? Not to say he wouldn’t have the skills- but dang! Ambitious don’t ya think?

my vote- get on Craig’s list or offer up or your local equivalent, and find a frame you like. Use your money for proven parts and get on with your build. The bike in my avatar was $40! Of course my area is flooded with barely used beach cruisers.

and I respect your non-conformity
Eh, im 16 and did it.

He doesn't need a million dollars. And welding is pretty easy to do. Just have to practice for about 30min and see what settings the welder likes.

I believe he can do it!
200$ is pretty easy to get once you work a few side jobs
Id also believe that a predator 212 (or a tillitson in his case) might not fit any beach cruisers, it might fit a xl or a xxl old school mountain bike, if he can fit on one.

Last edited:
I’m working a couple side jobs to afford this hobby, I’ve got like 1200$! I’m saving that though to buy a car with but anyways I yanked the engine off and started to turn it over, after the sixteenth or so try I got frustrated, swigged some gas and spat it into the carb. I did a final yank and it fired so load I almost fell over! I don’t know what this means since the carb is brand new. Any feedback would help! Also I asked my dad about the welder and he thinks I’m going to burn the garage down if I don’t get lessons. I bet I can convince him enough though. One more thing I know a lot of maintenance guys that work at a dump around my area and I get free basically brand new bikes because a lot of old folks live around me and they buy a bike for little Timmy to ride when he’s over but when little Timmy grows up it’s a massive paper weight to them so during the spring cleaning season they just throw the bike away, then the maintenance guys tell me about the bike and I end up taking it home. Everyone benefits! I got three brand new early 2000s bikes in my garage but the frames on those are wonky so this is the only good frame I got.

I’m working a couple side jobs to afford this hobby, I’ve got like 1200$! I’m saving that though to buy a car with but anyways I yanked the engine off and started to turn it over, after the sixteenth or so try I got frustrated, swigged some gas and spat it into the carb. I did a final yank and it fired so load I almost fell over! I don’t know what this means since the carb is brand new. Any feedback would help! Also I asked my dad about the welder and he thinks I’m going to burn the garage down if I don’t get lessons. I bet I can convince him enough though. One more thing I know a lot of maintenance guys that work at a dump around my area and I get free basically brand new bikes because a lot of old folks live around me and they buy a bike for little Timmy to ride when he’s over but when little Timmy grows up it’s a massive paper weight to them so during the spring cleaning season they just throw the bike away, then the maintenance guys tell me about the bike and I end up taking it home. Everyone benefits! I got three brand new early 2000s bikes in my garage but the frames on those are wonky so this is the only good frame I got.
Yea, its not reciving fuel, try to see if the spacer is still there, as there should be one behind the carb, and one in front. And check to see if the holes line up with the carburator holes

Yea, its not reciving fuel, try to see if the spacer is still there, as there should be one behind the carb, and one in front. And check to see if the holes line up with the carburator holes
By spacer do you mean that black piece of plastic between the carb and the engine?

Back