212cc Predator Charging Coil?

Doesn't it have one already to run the magneto? They don't have batteries, so there is no other way for the ignition to work, as far as I know. It's probably integrated with the coil, so that the whole coil assembly will bolt right on next to the flywheel.

And since you researched them, what is the a/c voltage output? 28v or 14v, the latter would require a full wave regulator/rectifier, and I happen to have one, they aren't easy to find. Most are half wave for a 28v system.

I have a very rare Huasheng 144F engine, it's 52.5cc's, and integrates a 14v charging system, with no extra magnets.

How is this for cool, I used to have a goped scooter with a 50cc Shindiawa clone engine on it. I got an add on electric starter that was very interesting. It had no moving parts, and was just a stator coil that went over the magnetic flywheel, so it shared the engine's crankshaft, in a way, it turned that directly. But what else was cool about it is that when the engine was running, it produced 14vdc, as a generator. So what I did was I wired a big diode in between the battery, and the stator, that blocked power from going from the battery to the stator, and the starter button simply bypassed it. The negative of the diode connected to the positive on the battery, and the positive on the diode went to the positive on the stator. The diode would allow the stator to charge the battery, as long as the stator voltage was higher than the battery voltage, but not the other way around.

Last edited:
Back