212cc Too Much?

Talis

Local time
2:41 AM
I have been working with a crappy 7g kit from gasbike for the last 7 months. I think I want an upgrade that isn't too much of a pain to maintain and has a lot more power. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a Predator 212cc on a bicycle. Would it just rip through the spokes like nothing or would it be a powerful fun ride? Is it too much for a mountain bike?

I forgot to add that I use the CNC Sprocket adapter and not the pineapple bushing that usually comes stock.

Last edited:
I am doing a build but mine is going to be powered by a 66cc 2 stroke but I invested money in a Grubee HD axle and paid a shop to lace it into a wheel I bought. I did this because I never never never would trust a drive sprocket being bolted to the spokes. This has two different threaded barrels on the hub one size is for threading on the drive sprocket flange that you bolt on and the other is for threading on an adapter for your disc brake rotor to mount to.

As far as the 212cc goes, Ive heard its not easy to put one on but I know people have done it.

I say go for it as long as you know that it fits in your frame. There are many builds with the 212 Predator on regular bikes. That engine makes 6.5HP stock and our HS-142F makes 1.5HP (???) but the Predator revs lower. I think the CNC sprocket adapter is key for the build but also deciding on a transmission, rear sprocket, and gear ratio assuming you are not going to remove the governor or rev it too highly if removed. Probably want a gear ratio to balance the higher power (take off) and speed on a standard rear wheel.

I was planning on buying a torque converter just to balance out how the power is delivered. Then,
I saw a manual clutch on go power sports and was wondering if that would be better than a torque converter.

I was planning on buying a torque converter just to balance out how the power is delivered. Then,
I saw a manual clutch on go power sports and was wondering if that would be better than a torque converter.
Only trade off is you are stuck with a single gear, with the cvt it is variable

Back