225cc tillotson engine install advise

Been a while, any updates???
Built it , put a 30 series torque converter with a Juggernaut driver pulley, got it up to 77mph! Brought it to a local bike night and sold it for $2200 to a guy who has a really nice harley collection. Now I am saving some money up to build another one maybe with a Tillotson 228RS this time around!

77 with 18hp through a torque converter is a nice top end - must have pulled pretty hard too.

I wouldn't go with a prebuilt performance motor though...parts are dirt cheap for the predators and its a very simple motor so would be a ton of knowledge gained to build your own along with saving a TON of money.

You'd spend half the cash for the same caliber build by doing it yourself - there are even beginning to end build videos on youtube.

Ok. Do this:

Don’t run your motor any more until you have your entire bike built and ready to go for its first ride.

Don’t ever free rev it. It sounds like you have an upgraded, big bore version of the 212. Great!! You only get one shot at guaranteeing a strong motor and free revving is a sure way of losing it.

Do: break it in hard. You cannot feel compression by hand because of the compression release, unless your exhaust valve rocker is very loose or the cr mechanism is faulty. Google motoman break in and follow those instructions to the T.

Here’s a stock motor I prepped. He’s got my old pipe on it, was an older 25/24 predator with .030” shave. Starts first pull and hauls.

What do u mean u prepped. Let Matt tell it and he did that bike alone. He's always been a fat mouth liar tho

Back