225cc tillotson engine install advise

A lot of motor for that frame. Keep in mind the built-in jackshaft likely won't work either and will probably need the axle shaft replaced with a longer one. A 212 case is a lot wider than a 79cc and the sprocket will stick out farther.

As you can see so far, its definitely not a bolt-in deal. Much easier if you can weld.
I am looking to do whatever I can lol, I am thinking of removing the jackshaft and replacing it with a torque converter.

A lot of motor for that frame. Keep in mind the built-in jackshaft likely won't work either and will probably need the axle shaft replaced with a longer one. A 212 case is a lot wider than a 79cc and the sprocket will stick out farther.

As you can see so far, its definitely not a bolt-in deal. Much easier if you can weld.
Bought a 40 series torque converter, and a new engine mount today , going to remove the stock jackshaft from the phatmoto rover 2019 to give me the valve cover clearance for the chain , it also provides the room for the exhaust that goes with it. .. any advise from here ? Anything ? Looking for a friend lol

Bought a 40 series torque converter, and a new engine mount today , going to remove the stock jackshaft from the phatmoto rover 2019 to give me the valve cover clearance for the chain , it also provides the room for the exhaust that goes with it. .. any advise from here ? Anything ? Looking for a friend lol
No personal experience with that frame so wouldn't be much help with specifics.

I can say that with that motor and a 40 series it is going to RIP from a dig. Like...break stuff TQ off the line. Be prepared to fix stuff you never expected to lol. What is the rear chainstay distance? I would look at some thick axle 20" BMX wheels with moped tires on them for a strong budget setup. They have a much thicker and grippier bead so won't slip on the rim like a bicycle tire can. A standard rear tire moped size of 3.00-16 is ~3.2" at widest point and an OD of only around 23" though so a few mph less top end. If you're willing to spend some money, ghettobike wheels are awesome but almost $400 for a set (unless you buy the hubs and build your own which can probably knock $100 off that).

No personal experience with that frame so wouldn't be much help with specifics.

I can say that with that motor and a 40 series it is going to RIP from a dig. Like...break stuff TQ off the line. Be prepared to fix stuff you never expected to lol. What is the rear chainstay distance? I would look at some thick axle 20" BMX wheels with moped tires on them for a strong budget setup. They have a much thicker and grippier bead so won't slip on the rim like a bicycle tire can. A standard rear tire moped size of 3.00-16 is ~3.2" at widest point and an OD of only around 23" though so a few mph less top end. If you're willing to spend some money, ghettobike wheels are awesome but almost $400 for a set (unless you buy the hubs and build your own which can probably knock $100 off that).
Already prepared for this lol, I bought a set of 26" Hookworm tires for better purchase with the road. Once I get all the parts delivered, I will be out in my garage building a bike. I am planning on making a video of the whole process and will definitely be posting a pic or two along the way. I dont plan on smashing it around too hard at first , but once the new race season starts it's on like Donkey Kong!

What's the measurement on the output shaft on the engine? Doesn't that 40 clutch have a 1" input?

What's the measurement on the output shaft on the engine? Doesn't that 40 clutch have a 1" input?
They make 40 series in both 3/4 and 1" driver sizes, but you can just weld a sleeve on your crank to bring it to 1" for cheap.

It's a keyed shaft, so probably easier to get 3/4" driver.
Yea, the crank sleeves are keyed already. My Briggs had a weird 7/8" shaft so I shimmed it to 1". Think I paid like $10 and it came with a spare section of key as well.

PA shop has the winter engine for 90 bucks, 208 cc. But it has a 7/8" shaft, did you make the shim? Because that is awful cheap for a 208.

Back