225cc tillotson engine install advise

It's a keyed shaft, so probably easier to get 3/4" driver.
I just bought the 3/4 40 series torque converter, Along with a new motor mount , a new headset, new brakes, new front rock shock forks, new hookworm tires, new short fuel tank adapter, new chain. I am in almost $3,000 for everything start to finish so far

I just bought the 3/4 40 series torque converter, Along with a new motor mount , a new headset, new brakes, new front rock shock forks, new hookworm tires, new short fuel tank adapter, new chain. I am in almost $3,000 for everything start to finish so far
Ha, ha, you know how many expenses I hide from my wife?
But, forget that, we're here to talk about big bore tillotson.

I am worried you will need to beef up this aluminum frame. That engine is a monster and you are adding a torque converter. Your frame is going to want to taco to the left. Reinforce accordingly.

Ha, ha, you know how many expenses I hide from my wife?
But, forget that, we're here to talk about big bore tillotson.
If I can make it all work it'll be a bad b**ch! I just can't wait for all my new parts ... hurry up Tuesday . I dont think I'll have as many issues with the wheel set as they think , I dont like the look of the GT wheels. I might upgrade the gas tank tho any suggestions?

I would never do a 212+ on an aluminum frame, but thats because I do not have the proper welder for aluminum so would not be able to reinforce it. Pretty sure he mentioned he would do whatever he can, so I'm assuming having it reinforced is a given.

Please, please do not try to run a tillotson on a stock phatmoto hacked up to fit...it will need reinforcements.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would never do a 212+ on an aluminum frame, but thats because I do not have the proper welder for aluminum so would not be able to reinforce it. Pretty sure he mentioned he would do whatever he can, so I'm assuming having it reinforced is a given.

Please, please do not try to run a tillotson on a stock phatmoto hacked up to fit...it will need reinforcements.
I switched the side from left hand side drive to right hand drive gave me the clearance still waiting on my 40 series torque converter , and new engine mount billet aluminum and adjustable. Will let you know if I can make it work. Otherwise I will will buy a new frame to make it work , steel preferably.

I am looking forward to your results. I've been wanting to build a steel frame with a built in gas tank and jackshaft for years, this frame is all I wanted... except it is made of aluminum. I posted the design a couple years before they made it... think they went cheap using chinesium :(.

Removed the jackshaft and put me new fuel tank adapter on and I still dont have the right clearance. I am going to have to buy a new frame. ... for the right clearance. Sad day ! But ... I will have two gas bikes now lol

Back