225cc tillotson engine install advise

Would that compromise the frame ? I dont need much room 1/8 in.
I can also shorten the oil drain bolt heads withought losing the ability to remove them. Which leaves me with only one clearance issue which I believe I can fix with a well placed hammer blow.

I wouldn't bash an aluminum frame, a steel one, I'd put in my vise. Did you say the engine mounts were in hand? Those engine aren't very tall but kinda long, if you can raise the mount, you might be able to get the clearance. Keep in mind the engine mounting holes, when it come time to reinforce the frame. The engine has to be able to move to take up slack between the TAV and jackshaft. You can ease the chain tension issue by keeping the chain as short as possible. If the two gears are almost touching, then there won't be much stretch.

I can also shorten the oil drain bolt heads withought losing the ability to remove them. Which leaves me with only one clearance issue which I believe I can fix with a well placed hammer blow.
What do you think?
I wouldn't bash an aluminum frame, a steel one, I'd put in my vise. Did you say the engine mounts were in hand? Those engine aren't very tall but kinda long, if you can raise the mount, you might be able to get the clearance. Keep in mind the engine mounting holes, when it come time to reinforce the frame. The engine has to be able to move to take up slack between the TAV and jackshaft. You can ease the chain tension issue by keeping the chain as short as possible. If the two gears are almost touching, then there won't be much stretch.
I have removed the jackshaft and am putting on a 40 series torque converter

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You get the converter yet?

The 40 series is HUGE. Like, probably double whatever you're thinking. You can fit a whole chinagirl (sans-muffler at least) inside the cover of a 40 series lol. Here is one with NT carb to show size.

I would not do *any* hammering, bending, grinding, or cutting of the frame. At all.

Have a competent welder install some gussets - I went with one from top tube to seat post, seat says to seat post, boxed the head tube, and from motor plate to down tube. If I was using a bicycle rear I would have also braced the seat stay and chain stay together with a tube in front of the dropouts on each side.

I would not do *any* hammering, bending, grinding, or cutting of the frame. At all.

Have a competent welder install some gussets - I went with one from top tube to seat post, seat says to seat post, boxed the head tube, and from motor plate to down tube. If I was using a bicycle rear I would have also braced the seat stay and chain stay together with a tube in front of the dropouts on each side.
I am looking to get a larger frame, I can swap all my good parts onto it .

Got my new parts in today , yeah it's big but can't wait until I can get it into a frame , I dont know if I am going to be able to get it into the phatmoto frame I have even with the new mount, I need 1/8 in clearance on the rear seat tube for the head. Any thoughts?

Back