22mm Throttle Assembly Help

I use a needle nose pliers to hold the spring up while slipping the throttle cable into the slide. The pliers holds onto the cable to keep the spring in place. Using my fingers to hold the spring up didn't work for me. The spring kept slipping down. I also use a needle nose pliers to put the v shaped clip in place. I put the clip in the slide & then reach in with the pliers to compress it & get it to seat into place.

Last edited:
Hi, Might be worth a quick check of the lifter clearance. Factory suggests .009". I suggest .006" on the intake, and .008" on the exhaust, but only if using modified lifters with a level base.

have fun,

Hello,
I took the fuel line off carb and opened shutoff at the tank. I noticed no fuel flowing after the filter. Is the fuel being sucked out of the tank or is supposed to gravity feed to the carb?

Thanks in advance

Question about the petcock

bikes I have owned before usually the lever is straight down my ambassador runs that way but the writing on the red part of the lever looks as though it should be at a 90 degree the other direction is a three way valve with a reserve or just on or off. I quess I explained properly.
Dane

bikes I have owned before usually the lever is straight down my ambassador runs that way but the writing on the red part of the lever looks as though it should be at a 90 degree the other direction is a three way valve with a reserve or just on or off. I guess I explained properly.
Dane

It is just an on off. Down for on and 90 degrees up in either direction for off.

Jim

4 pound hammer

I drained the gas out of the carb. for the winter. Id put stabilizer in and run but dont have that option this winter.
I tried to start the bike several hours on different days but couldnt get it to run at all. I was so frustrated I had a four pound hammer in my hand and needed a slight push to end my whizzer problems. I think its time to get away from bike for now. 10-15F overnite temps around here.
I have no idea how to check lifters but if someone could do a step by step with pictures it would be so appreciated.This is what Ive done so far.
1. Checked tank and shutoff for obstuctions looks good.

2. I changed fuel filter, the original had lots of paint chips in it. The second filter had some small chips and the one I just put on is the third since 300miles.

3. Moved needle one notch towards top (had a little trouble but with help from here back together).

4. I used carb cleaner and compressed air on pilot jet looks unobstucted.

5. #88 to #84 jet.

6. Unibit to open up that thing to 18mm.

I love riding this whizzer and I know my carb. problems or other issue will be solved. I put new gas in the snowblower this morning old ariens 7hp one squirt of ether and full choke, one pull and the driveway will be clear. Just in case I want to ride my Dax Titan on Fuji 5speed (the bike came out in better shape than I did in my accident). Am I wrong to think my whizzer should be as easy to run? Thanks all in advance.

Hi,
Once you get out the bugs it should start & run great. Mine starts every time after pedaling about 5 to 8 feet. Don't give up on it.
Jay

Back