24" or 26" Whizzer?

U

Unregistered

Hi, Here's the scenario: Two early 60's, good health, average size folks who are semi-retired & spend a lot of time motorhoming around....We use bikes for short-distance sight-seeing & exercize.....Want to acquire a pair of Whizzers for longer-distance traveling from campsites.....For convenience of mounting, etc. , I prefer smaller dimensions of 24" frame. I assume 24 & 26 are geared alike, so I'll lose a little top-end speed.....Other than that, are there other plus or minus factors I should consider between the two frame sizes?

Thanks!

Hi, Here's the scenario: Two early 60's, good health, average size folks who are semi-retired & spend a lot of time motorhoming around....We use bikes for short-distance sight-seeing & exercize.....Want to acquire a pair of Whizzers for longer-distance traveling from campsites.....For convenience of mounting, etc. , I prefer smaller dimensions of 24" frame. I assume 24 & 26 are geared alike, so I'll lose a little top-end speed.....Other than that, are there other plus or minus factors I should consider between the two frame sizes?

Thanks!

The Whizzer NE5 uses the same size frame for both the 24" and 26" models. The 24" model is about 1 1/2" lower by virtue of the smaller diameter tires. It's also about 3" shorter in overall length. The bikes are geared alike, but the smaller diameter tires will give the 24" Whizzer a slight advantage in initial accelleration, but the 26" will have the higher top end.
I hope this answers your questions.

His or hers ?

I purchased a 24" because it would work for both my wife and I. Im 5'10" and my wife is 5'6ish. When she rides it I leave the stock seat post and it fits her well. If I take it out for a good long ride I install a offset seat post from whizzer that moves me back 3" and up 1" perfect for me. As for the top end 41mph or 45 mph still to fast for a bike. Defensive driving at all times works well. Good Luck

I purchased a 24" whizzer so my wife 5'5" could ride it too. It fits her well but it was kind of cramped for me. I purchased a offset seat post from whizzer that moves the seat 3" back and 1" higher perfect. I dont own a 26" but I imagine it must be close to the feel of one. The top end to me doesnt mean that much the bike goes plenty fast for a bicycle and after a accident three weeks ago at 15 mph put me in hospital till two days ago less is good to. Hope that helps. Im envyous of the plans to travel and take semi long journeys in between. Something my wife and I will do in the future 10-15yrs. Defense is always a good position to be in for riding for me.

I purchased a 24" 08 Ne5 because I wanted to get my wife on a whizzer it fits her fine shes 5'5". I was uncumfortable so I purchaed a offset seat post from Texas it moved the seat back 3" and the height 1" I just swap out post when one of us wants to ride. Best of both sizes. Top end well thats a different animal I think 40mph is enough. Defense works for me. I hope to do the same thing in a couple of years travel trailer and whizzers it doesnt get any better than that. Happy riding

Whizzer speedo

Hi Hal and others, the 24 inch Whizzer tends to read about 3 mph higher than true road speed. Apparently the little drive gear assembly is not availble for the 24" size, and they had to use the 26" size instead.

Mike

Back