25 cent velocity stack

Wevil Knievel

Local time
6:52 AM
I was at the flea market this weekend and found five pieces of locline half inch ball socket flexible tubing and it sort of struck me that it look like a little velocity stack so I bought it for a buck went home cut a half inch piece of plastic irrigation drip line big enough to fit in the end of the lock line and seat perfectly inside the collar of the intake on the carburetor and used some rubberized transparent sealer seal around the edges and lo and behold it worked like a charm!

I'm using a stock NT carburetor with a size 68 jet and I live in Sacramento which is about 58 ft above sea level.

My bike starts faster and I don't really notice anything at lower speeds but anywhere from half throttle to wide open throttle there's definitely a difference. I gained at least 4-6 miles an hour.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone but I just happened to hit the sweet spot and it works for me you might want to give it a try.

Attachments

• 16692829911848127923227962318713.jpg
    16692829911848127923227962318713.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 16692830341832730154641833493035.jpg
    16692830341832730154641833493035.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 98
Some make velocity stacks out of plastic water/soda bottles. Their free

Different shapes and different lengths until they find what works the best

I was at the flea market this weekend and found five pieces of locline half inch ball socket flexible tubing and it sort of struck me that it look like a little velocity stack so I bought it for a buck went home cut a half inch piece of plastic irrigation drip line big enough to fit in the end of the lock line and seat perfectly inside the collar of the intake on the carburetor and used some rubberized transparent sealer seal around the edges and lo and behold it worked like a charm!

I'm using a stock NT carburetor with a size 68 jet and I live in Sacramento which is about 58 ft above sea level.

My bike starts faster and I don't really notice anything at lower speeds but anywhere from half throttle to wide open throttle there's definitely a difference. I gained at least 4-6 miles an hour.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone but I just happened to hit the sweet spot and it works for me you might want to give it a try.
I guess you don't need the choke?

Chain, you ever notice how dirty an auto air filter is after not changing it for say 2 years? Surprising in my neck of the woods how dirty they get. Imagine all that dirt cycling through your motor, not good. I know you know this, just posting for others.

Chain, you ever notice how dirty an auto air filter is after not changing it for say 2 years? Surprising in my neck of the woods how dirty they get. Imagine all that dirt cycling through your motor, not good. I know you know this, just posting for others.
I have a small Fender/ mud guard strapped to the back of my seat post bar so as to block any debris that may be flung up towards the carburetor.

...just keepin' it real. Would I run without an air filter PERSONLLY? Naw. Just wanted to point out these motors ain't all that sensitive to such things...

Back