$25 expansion chamber works great!

H

Hard rider

Hi guys,
I just installed a pocket bike pipe on my Dax 70cc with 44T, pipe itself costs only $25 can be found at
http://cgi.ebay.com/Exhaust-Chrome-...ryZ11332QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The good things about this pipe are it cheap and easy to install. I started from welding 3 brackets on the pipe and then drilled the frame and use M4 bolts to hold it. Then cut the old exhaust and connect them with old radiator hose, the hose will melt while engine is hot but you can get it run for 20 mins with no problem. The only way to connect the pipe together is welding only, i have tried using exhaust repair kit which sold at autoshop but it didnt work.
This pipe give alot of torque, i can hit top speed which around 31MPH alot faster ( around 25-35% more than moded stock pipe ) you will definately feel the gain. I can go up the hills in San Francisco with no problem and also at faster speed. It gives a very nice exhaust note, abit louder than stock pipe. But only thing that i didnt expect to see was it will not give you any more top speed. It will pull quite hard all the way up and go flat at 31MPH which the same top same as my moded stock pipe does.
Overall, i love the pipe and it is worth $35 ($25 for the pipe and $10 for the brackets welding)
Hope this help if you looking for something cheap and effective!

Attachments

• DSC04750.jpg
    DSC04750.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,566
  • DSC04749.jpg
    DSC04749.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,286
  • DSC04753.jpg
    DSC04753.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 2,614
  • DSC04754.jpg
    DSC04754.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 1,233
  • DSC04752.jpg
    DSC04752.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 1,317
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Side and rear pics!

Attachments

• DSC04757.jpg
    DSC04757.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 1,161
  • DSC04758.jpg
    DSC04758.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 937
I agree with Sianelle....is it a little warm around the leg?....Looks nice tho!...I guess probably no faster overall because with stock gearing the engine is probably tached out anyway....maybe a smaller rear sprocket is in order?

Nice job Hard rider, I am doing the same with a pocket bike pipe. Should turn out similar. You need to use silicone tubing and you won't have to weld anything. You can find it at most hi performance shops or hydraulic supply stores. It is typically blue or red and is fiber reinforced. It can handle the heat. Also if you want more top end, shorten the pipe. The shorter the distance from your cylinder to the expansion chamber the higher it will rev. The longer the distance the lower it will rev but will have more torque.

Nice job Hard rider, I am doing the same with a pocket bike pipe. Should turn out similar. You need to use silicone tubing and you won't have to weld anything. You can find it at most hi performance shops or hydraulic supply stores. It is typically blue or red and is fiber reinforced. It can handle the heat. Also if you want more top end, shorten the pipe. The shorter the distance from your cylinder to the expansion chamber the higher it will rev. The longer the distance the lower it will rev but will have more torque.

Thanks man! ive been looking for this kind of tube for a while. Can yo give me some more idea on hi performace shop, what kind of hi performance?
Thanks

Does the pipe get in the way of your left leg?

The widest part of the pipe might rub your leg just a abit , it is really not a big deal, give it for 1 mins and you will figure it out how to ride without touching the pipe.

Back