25cc Robin Mini 4 & Aluminum frame bike

The total length of the engine bracket is 14 3/4 inches top to bottom. I actually did not cut the bracket, I bent it. It probably is a little shorter from the bends. One of the bends needs to be adjusted to ensure it doesn't rub the frame.

Installation is complete ! I forsee a few minor adjustments. The belt seems to be running true.

I went for my first ride tonight! The little Robin started right up with just a couple of pulls.

First impressions
1. The Robin engine is only 2.8 KG, however you will feel the extra weight of the kit if you lift/carrier your bike allot.
2. Engine noise is tolerable since the 25 cc engine is a 4 stroke. I believe 84db flat out. It definitely is not whisper quiet.
3. Once I'm past 3/4 throtle I need to modulate the throtle to ensure the engine does not bog or I guess overfuel. You need to match your speed with the engine speed. I live in Calgary at 3500ft so the carb might need to be leaned out.
4. Without the engine running I would estimate the drag on the rear wheel is double of normal. This means you really need to run the engine or remove the belt for medium or long rides.
5. Performance seems to quite good, the set-up runs about 90% of what I could peak for top speed on my own. Now for the good part, top gear, lite pedalling and she REALLY moves. I tried a small hill and with a little pedal assist it was effortless.

It was definitely good fun! :D

Attached are a few pics of the installation. Everything fits quite well, the exception is the bolt near the smallest gear. All gears are useable and so far they have not rubbed.

Erik

Attachments

• IMGP5107.JPG
    IMGP5107.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMGP5108.JPG
    IMGP5108.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 333
  • IMGP5109.JPG
    IMGP5109.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMGP5110.JPG
    IMGP5110.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 320
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the PICS and the ride report. Very helpful. We don't see many Robin 25's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good pic.s and report. One small tip.. Take the black knob off of the tensioner, and put a small nut on it then screw the black knob back on and tighten the small nut up to the bottom of the knob. That will keep you from singing the " I'm always chasing little black balls" song. Enjoy the ride! Ken

Ken,
Thanks for the black ball tip, I'll install a nut so that I'm not chasing this ball down the street!

Erik

Back